I dont know the line between picking wrong or its "just my style" but i hold the pick with 3 fingers. thumb one side and my index and middle on other. i try to do the standard. side of the index and thumb, i feel less tension but idk. it feels less solid and less fast. should i try to adapt to it? with 3 fingers i feel more tension though. its hard to decide what is best for me. i play a lot of fast metal
Last edited by slyrez at Apr 1, 2014,
Play they way that you feel more comfortable.
It's a strange way your's but if you're happy and doesn't hurt.
if you've been playing like that for, oh i dunno, five or more years, and you're pretty good? then maybe it's not worth changing. but if you've been playing less and/or you aren't a competent player, try switching.

it isn't about what feels good right now, it's about choosing a way that will present the least problems for you later on as you get better and try playing more difficult things. and obviously that way is probably going to be the time-tested way that everyone else follows.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by slyrez
I dont know the line between picking wrong or its "just my style" but i hold the pick with 3 fingers. thumb one side and my index and middle on other. i try to do the standard. side of the index and thumb, i feel less tension but idk. it feels less solid and less fast. should i try to adapt to it? with 3 fingers i feel more tension though. its hard to decide what is best for me. i play a lot of fast metal

If one way has less tension then it is just straight up better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.