Maybe it's the opposite, I don't trust for shit that thing is capable of putting out a hundred watts with tubes.
Where in the world do you fit the tubes and most importantly, where do you fit the transformers?

And I don't really see anything strange about it, there's a lot of similar stuff around.
There was the randall, there was the thing in which demo the guy played djent...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The tube is in the power amp, it's not the power amp. He says it's some other type of amp, not D, and I guess not A/B, but he's being purposefully evasive. Think of it like using a tube phase inverter in a push pull mosfet power amp. Or how Vox do it in the Valvetronix for example; a driver tube.
That's what he's getting at without trying to reveal too much.

It's a pretty cool idea. I'd have one as a backup amp but judging from the sound we heard, I'm not going to be trading in my RM100 any time soon.

I had to laugh at the way he was making a big deal over using "Russian military tube." I've got quite a few Russian military tubes, including some from the space program. You know what? They're shit. Being Russian military means nothing when it comes to tubes.
The MarkBass Little Tube amps have an American military mini tube (a 6205) which is actually a good tube. They don't make a big deal about it, it's just a tube - also soldered to the board. Well duhh, all of those minitubes are like that. They don't have sockets, ffs. What's the alternative to soldering them? Super glue? Nails? Give me a break.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification