Hey I posted this about an hour ago on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/21zn6j/fuzz_factory_doesnt_make_plug_in_baby_squealing/

So the other week I bought a Vexter series Fuzz Factory off gumtree. I was super excited to bring it home and make some cool noises. Anyway once I plugged in and started messing around with it I realised that it sounded terrible and it wouldn't squeal.
So I asked my uncle who is an electrical engineer if he could have a look at it. So a few days, a small fee and a bottle of wine later he drops it back to me and said that the footswitch and the battery connector thingy were broken and that he fixed them.
So I plugged it in and it sounded much better but it still won't squeal when I mess about with the dials. Also the sound doesn't differ that much between different settings.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the hell is wrong with it. I emailed Zack a few days ago and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. All help is appreciated.
Thanks
Btw I am using a fender jaguar with Seymour Duncan pickups through a blues junior.
when I mess with the gate, comp and stab whilst playing a sustained note all it does is crackle and pop, hiss or just cut off the note.