I apologise for the title, but hey at least it got your attention .

I'm currently looking into buying a fairly decent electric guitar, I play death/thrash metal mostly, lots of shredding and sweeping, but I do other other genres as well so versatility doesn't hurt. But it needs to be easy to change the tuning without major hassle, I have 2 guitars with FR both set up in standard and I need something I can downtune to play more brutal stuff on . 24 frets would be nice but I could probably make do with less.

The guitars I've had my eye on are the C1 and Solo 6 Schecter Hellraiser Series and ESP/Ltd Eclipses. I'm in Australia so guitars are around 30%-50% more expensive here than they are in America and where I am there isn't a massive 2nd hand market. I should also probably mention I'm 14, so I don't have alot of cash to work with. I have a budget of around $1000 but cheaper is definitely better. So, are there any guitars around that price point that would be good for me.

Any help greatly appreciated
Last edited by zach.paynter.9 at Apr 2, 2014,
Schecters are good, but upgrade the amp if you can.

No idea on Aus prices, I'm in the UK. But Cathbard (Our resident Aussie) will be able to help you out.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Schecters are good, but upgrade the amp if you can.

No idea on Aus prices, I'm in the UK. But Cathbard (Our resident Aussie) will be able to help you out.

Yeah i really like the feel of them as well as the ESP/Ltds, I had a play of a few Epiphones, Ibanezs and Jacksons and I'm definitely leaning towards Schecters and ESP/Ltds.
I love ESP I think they're a solid option for downtuned metal although I use a horizon over an eclipse for lower tunings given the longer scale
My Shit:
ESP Eclipse, ESP Horizon III, PRS Mushok Baritone
Laney Ironheart Studio, Blackstar Ht-40