So I recently realized that I love to sing, actually noticed it last year but got scared away when I posted a private video to have some internet musicians tell me if I should even think about singing(I am thinking it might have been because I had just gotten my recording equipment and didn't know how to use it).

Anyways, I have been singing a lot the last few weeks, and am getting more comfortable with it, and I think it is helping with self confidence issues. Now I really want to get serious about it, because to be honest I get bored with only playing guitar, and my dream has actually been to be a singer/songwriter since the beginning.

So... I noticed some problems, first, I have no idea how to do scales(I was just copying my ocarina honestly, since it uses the Do Re Me thingy), how do I do them? Also, how exactly do I learn a song, because I have just been memorizing the lyrics then copying what the original singer does?

I would love to get a vocal coach, because there is a professional really good one near my town, but my parents want to be sure I am serious about this first(I kind of have tried learning drums and violin recently but couldn't motivate myself to continue lessons).

Thanks for reading this long post..
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
What is up with the facepalm? Guess I should just look for a vocal coach....

Anyways, the reason I sound so stupid about this is because I was always too shy to try singing, but now that I don't care what other people think, I want to start singing.
Get a vocal coach. They will be able to answer all your questions about scales and music, and help you become a good singer.