To replace my FocusRite 2i2, which I learned was crap for recording electric guitar (at least the pre-2013 model, which I had). It was really pretty close in price, like $225. Just putting it in my workstation, it is a lot bigger and more professional looking than the focusrite, seems to be a lot more versatile. I was very excited to try it out, but then I found out the Pro Tools Express usb dongle was missing from the box. This is supposed to be in there, you plug it in to give you access to Pro Tools Express. My box had no dongle. I guess I could just try using it in Reaper, my current DAW, but I'm not sure if I'll have to return the whole set up to get replacement with the dongle, so I opted not to use it.

Apart from this hassle of dealing with the missing dongle, I LOVE the look & size of this new interface. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Anyone have experience using this, or using it in Reaper?
Anyone have experience with Pro-Tools Express, what kind of limits are imposed by virtue of it being the cheapo "express" version?
Anyone perhaps buy one of these and also have a missing dongle, like maybe it's a common packaging error?

Well, I just have this interface on the brain, and if I can't use it, the next best thing is to talk about it.

Ken
Bernie Sanders for President!
Quote by krm27
To replace my FocusRite 2i2, which I learned was crap for recording electric guitar (at least the pre-2013 model, which I had). It was really pretty close in price, like $225. Just putting it in my workstation, it is a lot bigger and more professional looking than the focusrite, seems to be a lot more versatile. I was very excited to try it out, but then I found out the Pro Tools Express usb dongle was missing from the box. This is supposed to be in there, you plug it in to give you access to Pro Tools Express. My box had no dongle. I guess I could just try using it in Reaper, my current DAW, but I'm not sure if I'll have to return the whole set up to get replacement with the dongle, so I opted not to use it.

Apart from this hassle of dealing with the missing dongle, I LOVE the look & size of this new interface. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Anyone have experience using this, or using it in Reaper?
Anyone have experience with Pro-Tools Express, what kind of limits are imposed by virtue of it being the cheapo "express" version?
Anyone perhaps buy one of these and also have a missing dongle, like maybe it's a common packaging error?

Well, I just have this interface on the brain, and if I can't use it, the next best thing is to talk about it.

Ken

Try the recording forum! Those guys know more about recording gear than us in GG&A. Very, very helpful bunch in there!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The missing dongle isn't common, though you don't care - pro tools suck asses for what you wanna do.
It sucks asses in terms of technology and ease of use and efficiency in general, though it works nice with big integrated system and it was the first to do such stuff, so people still use it.
Though your situation is the situation in which you don't wanna use pro tools.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.