Hi my axe has jumbo frets its a 25 anniversary ibanez rgxx2 pink, iam curious whats the advantage of having jumbo frets? more sustain? for a while some times i would encounter problems sliding, also, random question on a 8 string guitar what are the new 2 strings what are the notes? thanks also whats the cheapest 8 string from ibanez they all seem expensive i looked online and i dont seem to find very many, any one know a good website that has tons of them? thanks
I'm not a fan of jumbo frets either, for the reason that you say. They feel like little speed bumps to me.
A random assortment of unrelated questions, ahoy!
Quote by merks7
Hi my axe has jumbo frets its a 25 anniversary ibanez rgxx2 pink, iam curious whats the advantage of having jumbo frets? more sustain?

No. Bigger frets allow some players to bend notes without dragging their fingers across the fingerboard, which some people don't like. There's really no right or wrong size for frets, it's personal preference.
also, random question on a 8 string guitar what are the new 2 strings what are the notes?

In standard tuning, the 7th string is B. The 8th is F#.
also whats the cheapest 8 string from ibanez they all seem expensive i looked online and i dont seem to find very many, any one know a good website that has tons of them? thanks

Which website that offers you the best deal depends on your location, but in the UK, Thomann is good.

Regarding Ibanez guitars, the RG8 is probably one of the cheapest.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 2, 2014,