After searching for hours I have come up with two guitars that seemingly suit my needs. The Hellraiser Solo 6 and The Ltd ec-1000 deluxe, I am in Australia and both go for around $1000.

I play a lot of death/thrash metal with sweeping and tapping so my criteria were

no floyd rose
EMGs
24 frets
easy to play
< $1000

These guitars seem to meet that criteria but which is better? I have played only the Schecter so I am stuck as to whether I should get this OR order in the the Ltd. On paper the only differences I see are the Solo 6 has a coil tap which would be nice but a thicker C shaped neck whereas the Ltd has a smaller scale and has a U shaped neck.

Ughhhh I am stuck, any opinions greatly appreciated
Last edited by zach.paynter.9 at Apr 2, 2014,
I got a thread floating around here somewhere about a Schecter I played last week. I believe it was a Blackjack ATX. It was the hardtail model, ebony fretboard, single cutaway. I am sure you are probably familiar with it or would recognize it if you saw it. Pups are SD Full Shred and a 59 in the neck. It was $799 USD.

The simplest way I can put it is that I was blown away. Warm, solid sounds. Responded well to digging in and picking harder. Would have bought it on the spot and run like I stole it but I have to have a thicker neck.

I am a big fan of the EC1000, the amber colored one with the JB and 59 pups in particular. Hands down I would pick the Schecter over the LTD.
Ibanez SR1200E
Play both, see which one you like more.

The Hellraiser and the LTD from my understanding are both made in the same factory, so in terms of quality, they're very similar.

THough if it were me, I'd get something different from those 2.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Where can u get an ec1000 for 1k in aus? Ive only 401s in that price range. Unless your buying used I suppose. In any case go the Ltd. The ec is just a nice guitar with classic lines. The schecter solo arent near as attractive imo.
death/thrash sweeping and tapping but no floyd. i was anti floyd for many years. got my first a few months ago and can never go back. the upkeep sucks tuning sucks expecially for drop/low tunings. but overall it forced me to expand what i can do with a guitar. dont count floyds out
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
I have a Solo 6 (basically a Hellraiser with different finish) and I love it to death. I'd choose it in a heartbeat.
My ec-1000 has served me very well in the last few years iv owned here-Sounds huge compared to the hellraiser fr I own,but the partially is because of the floyd I believe.
I'm actually getting rid of my ltd f-50 and the hellraiser for a schecter blackjack.GC has em on sale for 400$
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Quote by mugzy384
Where can u get an ec1000 for 1k in aus? Ive only 401s in that price range. Unless your buying used I suppose. In any case go the Ltd. The ec is just a nice guitar with classic lines. The schecter solo arent near as attractive imo.

I am close with a guy that owns a music store, he said he could order one in for $1000 for me

Quote by TheEmoStrangler
death/thrash sweeping and tapping but no floyd. i was anti floyd for many years. got my first a few months ago and can never go back. the upkeep sucks tuning sucks expecially for drop/low tunings. but overall it forced me to expand what i can do with a guitar. dont count floyds out

I have nothing against FR, its just i already own an Ibanez and Cort with FR set up in E, need something i can play teh Br00tAlz stuff on

Anyways thanks for the advice guys, I'll think it over for a couple days but I'm leaning towards the Solo 6. I am hesitant to commit to a guitar I haven't even played.
I've owned an ec1000 and the quality of it was outstanding for the price.

If 24 frets in a 24 3/4 scale guitar are what you want, go for it. For me, I prefer 24 frets with a 25.5 scale but that's a personal thing.

Playability and sound on my ec1000 was great but I had to choose one to sell and that one was the one. (Kept my Lester and strat shaped guitars).
Quote by zach.paynter.9
I am close with a guy that owns a music store, he said he could order one in for $1000 for me

I have nothing against FR, its just i already own an Ibanez and Cort with FR set up in E, need something i can play teh Br00tAlz stuff on

Anyways thanks for the advice guys, I'll think it over for a couple days but I'm leaning towards the Solo 6. I am hesitant to commit to a guitar I haven't even played.

i have a dean razorback FR setup in drop B DR DDT 13-65 strings and a extra spring on the floyd holds tuning perfect and intonation is almost dead on. it was a little tricky to set up but it was worth it. defiantly brutal.
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
Another question, are the Ltd xx-1000 series fairly similar? For $900 I've found a used H-1000 with a TOM bridge and Blackouts. Apart from the pups the only difference I see is a larger scale?
They are fairly similiar, the H and MH have a double cutaway whereas the EC is a les paul shape. I used to have an MH and I loved it. Its sad to see that much of a price difference in Australia. The MH and EC 1000 go as low as $400 here in the states.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
If you can spend a bit extra im selling my esp eclipse. Look it up on gumtree if you like, its the black quilt maple one.