Hi,

I need a new power supply for my pedalboard. But I'm pretty low on money. I want to get the best I can get for my money so I was thinking of getting the voodoolab ISO 5. Only issue is I want to power about 8 pedals and not 5. My question is: would I be able to daisy chain some of the isolated outputs to power my extra pedals but retain the quietness of the isolated power supply.

Thanks!
Yes, you can. Just make sure you're not exceeding the current output (which is 180mv IIRC). Good idea is to put all dirt pedals and other low current drawing pedals on one and then isolate ones that have a higher current draw.

Also consider the T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr. if you're on a budget.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Or a joyo insulated power supply if you're on an even tighter budget
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Are you running your pedals through an FX loop? If not, you could probably get away with the One Spot. Power isolation issues typically aren't that bad in a single loop -- it becomes more problematic when you add the add the loop in.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
i have to reccomend against voodoo labs power supply. i bought one recently, and although am happy with how it works thus far, i am sure it is made with the cheapest components possible. i got it in the mail, was about to remove the screws on the side to mount it to my pedal train, and saw that the screws were already stripped. (which meant the got stripped installing them at the factory.) i finally got them to send me new screws, and those ones all but fell apart when touched with a screwdriver. with as shoddy as the screws are, i fear that the components inside are just as cheap, and wont last very long.

ill be really pissed when it fails, because its going to be a bitch to remove from the pedal board because all the screws are stripped.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
usually i read through everything, but buy bigger than you think your need. it will always manage to fit more stuff.

but i do recommend voodoo lab
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I got the Digitech hardwire V10 recently. It's an isolated power supply like the Voodoo labs ISO 5 but it has more outputs.

You can also adjust the output voltage to simulate dying batteries on 2 of the outputs if that is something you'd be interested in trying out.

It's about the same price as the voodoo labs PSU too.
I have the Voodoo Lab ISO 5, and the quality is great, I can totally recommend it. And yes, you can daisy chain the pedals. I'd use the higher current output of the PSU for this application.