Hey guys. I want to buy a guitar processor but I don't have any experience with them so I need some of your opinions.

I basically need it for live gigs with my groove metal/hardcore band and another pop-rock band, but I would also like to be able to record some stuff at home with it. Effects are nice, but it's distortion that I need first, and versatility.
I have a Jackhammer distortion, Boss compressor and noise supressor, but I thought that buying a processor would compensate all of it.

I've found a Boss ME-70 for 300KM (about 200$) used, but I don't know if it would be good enough for me in few years when my requirements raise... My maximum budget would be 1000KM (700$) but it would be nice to find something for less.

What do you think?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Line 6 Pod HD500. Nails everything you want.
I wouldn't buy the Boss. I use one and the distortions are pretty woeful. I only really use it for delay and reverb and it'll be soon replaced by a Line 6 (either Pod or M13).
[404]Signature not found
Last edited by jmaguire at Apr 3, 2014,
I'll consider that. Also, what is the real difference between the HD500 and HD500X?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I get a good metalcore tone from a Zoom MS-100.

I don't want to lug all my gear for band rehearsals, so i throw that pedal in my gigbag and connect it to the PA.
"Booster" pedal simulation, "Alien" amp model (ENGL Invader simulation) and "ZNR" (noise gate). Done.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
I'll consider that. Also, what is the real difference between the HD500 and HD500X?

Nothing that matters. The 500X is more of a rebrand for newer customers. It does have a different processor, but if you want to save money, just get the 500.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yes, the drives on the ME-70 are really bad. The other effects are okay, but I definitely wouldn't use it live. :-)