I just registered and I'm somewhat a newbie with guitars..

I recently purchased a BC Rich Warlock Metal Master from Guitar Center. It's supposed to be new, but I have my suspicions. It came bubble wrapped in the shipping box. Shouldn't it be in a box from the manufacturer instead of bubble wrap? The plastic cover piece on the back is scratched up like it came off a worn guitar, and it has a sticker on it saying that it has been inspected with a handwritten date on it. The plastic piece on the headstock has that worn look to it too. It's also a hard tail, with the strings strung through the body. As far as I know I thought they all were supposed to have a wrap around bridge. I've searched and couldn't find any other Metal Master like mine.. I've been wondering if maybe a customer that was going to buy it had it customized then backed out of buying it? Idk.. I was hoping to get some opinions on it. The body overall doesn't have a scratch on it. Should it be sent back? And how much do you think it would cost if someone decided to have it strung through the body?
Pictures? Upload some on Photobucket or similar site. Regarding string through quick search in Google showed me several string through Warlock Metal Masters so I have to guess it must be generation thing. At some point they have had string through and at some point switched to wraparound.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 3, 2014,
Quote by Gutslinger
I just registered and I'm somewhat a newbie with guitars..

I recently purchased a BC Rich Warlock Metal Master from Guitar Center. It's supposed to be new, but I have my suspicions. It came bubble wrapped in the shipping box. Shouldn't it be in a box from the manufacturer instead of bubble wrap? The plastic cover piece on the back is scratched up like it came off a worn guitar, and it has a sticker on it saying that it has been inspected with a handwritten date on it. The plastic piece on the headstock has that worn look to it too. It's also a hard tail, with the strings strung through the body. As far as I know I thought they all were supposed to have a wrap around bridge. I've searched and couldn't find any other Metal Master like mine.. I've been wondering if maybe a customer that was going to buy it had it customized then backed out of buying it? Idk.. I was hoping to get some opinions on it. The body overall doesn't have a scratch on it. Should it be sent back? And how much do you think it would cost if someone decided to have it strung through the body?

Both of my BC Rich's came in the factory box with the Hanser Music Group sticker on it having the inspected date and such. Then that box was put into a shipping box.

Are you sure the plastic pieces are scratched, or is the protective layer on top of it that is scratched? You can peel it off.

Looks like at one time they were making them string through from the pics I've seen on google like MaaZeus pointed out.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
I'll see if I can upload pics somehow.. I checked yesterday and yeah, the plastic piece on the headstock had that thin plastic cover. The plastic piece on the back doesn't. I figured maybe I could just buy that piece if I really felt the need to. The inspection sticker is dated for 2013. I found a used one like it for sale on some site yesterday. But that's the only one I found. I guess I need to look more.. Other than that back plastic piece, I guess I don't really have any issues with it as far as I know. I was just curious why the one they sent me was different. Thanks for the help.