Hi all,

I'm new to playing any instrument at 51 years old and have bought an acoustic guitar, a Simmon & Patrick Pro Flame Maple. I've been learning now for a few months and feel I'm doing ok. I am really enjoying myself with it. I am wondering if there is somewhere on the site that will teach me how to read tab. I have the basics and can pluck strings but wonder what some of the symbols mean.

tia
Thank you for showing where it is. Something it doesn't explain is what a number inside brackets means, for example (3)
Last edited by ChopperPatrol at Apr 3, 2014,
Quote by ChopperPatrol
Thank you for showing where it is. Something it doesn't explain is what a number inside brackets means, for example (3)

That would mean a "ghost note". It's a less present, softer note that isn't accented and sometimes barely heard.
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to guitar and tab reading what do the perenz mean around certain strings. For example (9) instead of just a 9. Thanks!!
Quote by ChopperPatrol
But you would pluck it just very lightly?

Yes, that's usually how they're to be played. It helps to know/listen to the song. Sometimes they're small mistakes that the tabber included when he transcribed and probably not meant to be played.
Yes the software have some bugs, you would need to ignore them and play what you want!
learn to play by ear. im 53 self taught for forty years now i can recognize any note and most chords ,if learn by tab you play without soul. do not give up . one day it will all make scents!!