Not sure about that mesa.
See, the big thing about their cabs is that celestion makes the original v30s for them exclusively, so if two are missing, a big piece of the value is missing.

But then again, it's only $250 and you could just get 2 current v30s and put them in an x pattern.
It'd surely be better than what you have at the moment for melodic hardcore if that marshall cab of yours still has the stock speakers.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
MF280 cabs are nice, but a mesa 4x12 is a better cab. Both are oversized but the Mesa is made of 100% marine grade birch ply and has metal handles. The Marshall is made of mostly ply, but has a MDF back panel and plastic handles.

like Spambot said the Mesa V30 is a bit different, but you can get them from mesa for $130. It is also worth noting that the V30's in the MF280 are slightly different than the typical V30 that is normally used it has the V30L which is a slightly tweeked version of the V30.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ how in the world do you know so much stuff robb???
Quote by Robbgnarly
like Spambot said the Mesa V30 is a bit different, but you can get them from mesa for $130.
for serious, I mean, it's amazing, how do you know so much stuff???
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ how in the world do you know so much stuff robb???
for serious, I mean, it's amazing, how do you know so much stuff???

wait till you have 3 kids and cant afford to go out anymore, so you just spend free time tinkering around and hanging out on here

and I have ordered lots of stuff from Mesa's site
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/blacshadpase1.html

and these are the made in England V30 for less than the typical MIC V30 you can buy everywhere else
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
thanks guys man iono what to do so its either that mesa cab or a orange 2x12 for 350 a good deal???? and would the orange work good as a 4x12
Quote by th3cure88
thanks guys man iono what to do so its either that mesa cab or a orange 2x12 for 350 a good deal???? and would the orange work good as a 4x12

It comes down to personal preference. You have a MF280 (which is very similar to a Mesa recto 4x12 in sound) I would go for the Orange 2x12 for a smaller more portable set-up. I recently bought a 2x12 cab for a more portable rig, I typically use a Krank Rev 4x12 which is huge. Orange PPC212 cabs sound really big and $350 for one in good shape is a deal for sure.

But in the end what do you think? You can get Mesa cabs in good shape for $400 any day, it will cost over $500 to put 2 more V30's in it with the price of the cab included. Either will be easy to sell if and when that time comes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've got a MF400 cab and a recto cab, and I pulled two speakers from each and swapped them. The Mesa is just a tad bit better built, but the Marshall is very solid as well. The sound difference is pretty small. Like really really small with the speakers being the same.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan