I haven't been on here in forever, but I wanted to share this. I didn't think this day would ever come. I didn't think being a left handed guitarist that I'd find a PRS that didn't absolutely break me financially, but I did and it is just unbelievable.

This is a 2011 Custom 22. Like all Custom 22s, it has a mahogany body and neck, and a maple top. This is a flame maple top finished in what PRS calls Black Gold, and yes, it is a 10 top. The fingerboard is a very dark rosewood and it has the classic PRS bird inlays that appear to be made out of abalone. The fretboard has a 10 inch radius, and has 22 medium jumbo frets. It's fitted with two uncovered PRS 57/08 humbuckers, a tremolo bridge, a 3 way toggle switch, a volume knob, and a push/pull tone knob that splits the coils. It also has PRS' Phase III locking machine heads.

I love this guitar. It plays as well as it looks. It's incredibly loud acoustically and plugged in and it's warm and pleasant with great sustain and articulation. I really like the 57/08s, they respond really well with the volume and tone controls, it's an incredibly versatile instrument.

Honestly, I can't think of a bad thing to say about this guitar. There's really only one thing that I wish was different. I wish it had stainless steel frets. I've been playing a Suhr as my main guitar for a few years now and it has stainless steel frets. I love how smooth they are for bends and vibrato and how they virtually never wear. The PRS' frets are finished perfectly, but being standard nickel frets, they obviously don't feel the same. Other than that, it's just about ideal in every way.

Here's some pictures, please excuse my terrible photography skills and my iPhone camera. Thanks for reading/looking!

Last edited by griffin888 at Apr 3, 2014,
Send it back to the factory, they got yours backwards.

But seriously, awesome guitar!
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice PRS

Lefty's are very rare indeed
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Welcome to the PRS family! You're never going to look back!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.