First, I have absolutely no affiliation with the guy who came up with this method, I am posting this only because I am pissed by all the crappy quit-smoking stuff that is circulating -- ecigs, patches, medicines, cold-turkey, whatever. It is all SO stupid when there is such an easy way to quit smoking with NO withdrawal, you won't even miss them. The system eliminates any desire to have a cigarette, so you don't feel like you are giving anything up or missing out.

The system is just reading a book. That's it. And it's a pretty short book, big print, easy read. And it's pretty well written, so you actually will not be bored reading it. The book is called "Quit Smoking the Easy Way" or something like that by Allen Carr. You can google it, if I got the name wrong. If you read it cover to cover, it convinces you -- deep down, all the way to your subconscious -- that you really do NOT like to smoke at all, and stopping smoking is as easy as stopping sticking yourself in the foot with a nail. How does it do this? Well, I don't know, it just is very, very persuasive.

My story: I smoked on & off for about 15 years, and consistently for the last 10 of those years, was doing about a pack a day. The times I REALLY needed a cigarette were after meals, after getting high, when rolling, and pretty much any time I was bored. I just could not fathom being able to give up cigarettes without suffering terrible feelings of loss & deprivation.

Then a friend told me he quit smoking after reading this book. It was recommend to him by his girlfriend who had done the same, and it was recommended to her by a friend who had done the same. I'm not saying it works 100% of the time, but I have never know it NOT to work. Anyway, I figured it was worth the shot, ordered a copy off Amazon, and then read it. While I read it, I smoked cigarettes. It took me a couple days. I timed it so I was on the last cig in my pack when I was reading the last few pages. I finished the last page, looked at my cigarette, snuffed it, and have never smoked again. That was 10 years ago.

It's not just that I stopped, it gets better: The day after I quit, I thought a couple times about having a cigarette, like after I ate a meal. But I did not really want one, I just acknowledged, "gee I'd normally light up right now," but I didn't feel like it, and I just went on and did something else. The real kicker is this: The following day, two days after finishing the book, I went all day long eating meals, getting high, doing my normal routine, and the next morning it hit me -- I had not even thought about a cigarette the entire day before! I was floored, I mean it was crazy. The book had said at the outset you might have some minor cravings last for the 3-4 days after finish the book, so to not even think about a cigarette after eating a mean just 2 days after reading the book, was like magic. Moreover, I could go to concerts, hang out with smokers, no problem, I was not suffering denial, cravings, whatever.

I seriously consider this book to be the greatest $10 I ever spent, maybe the greatest book I ever read (in terms of improving my life). I am actually quite infuriated by our medical establishment, our tobacco lobby, and such, because it makes no sense whatsoever that everyone who wants to quit does not know about this book, that all doctors do not know about this book. The notion that they'd rather have patients buying patches, popping pills, or shit like that.... The notion that they still sell the LIE that cigarettes are hard to quit, that it is a really tough battle...that all plays into the hand (and the pocket book) of the tobacco companies. The last thing they want is for people to know it is really easy to quit smoking, or a hell of a lot more people would do it.

I figure some readers might think this is spam, an advertisement or whatever. It's truly not. I've been a UG member for over a year, I've gotten a lot from this site and contributed some stuff I hope was helpful. It just occurred to me that smoking is quite common in musicians, and if I can spread the word on something that could save lives & shit, maybe that's another way I could help the community out.

If anyone has actually tried this technique, read the whole book, and FAILED to quit from it, feel free to chime in. I've never heard of that, but I'm no expert. I welcome a full and fair discussion of the TRUE effectiveness of this technique. Honestly, I only know of success stories.

I guess the main thing you need, in order for this to work, is to actually want to quit. If you are like I was for many years, you did not really want to quit, and if some one gave me this book as a gift during those years, I doubt I'd have read it. When I finally bought & read it, it was a time when I really wanted to quit, to get healthy, to avoid ending up with lung cancer or whatever. After about 8 years -- this would be two years ago? -- I thought I might want to learn to smoke a cigar now and then, since I had friends who appreciated this, and so I started doing that, maybe 3 a year, but it has not made me want to start smoking again. I also used to be a daily 420er (not any more), and I was able to keep doing that without feeling a need for a cigarette. So, it really totally stops the desire.

If you are a smoker and want to quit, or know anyone, spread the word. Doctors are idiots, you don't need a doctor to quit. You don't need to pay money for patches or shit like that. It's all a lie because big business can make money off these quit-smoking systems. I guess the author of this book makes money when people buy it, but that's just one guy, not some evil corporation, so I'd rather give him my $$, and it's like a one-time $10 charge which is like nothing compared to what you spend for any of the other quit smoking approaches. And you may be able to find a used book for even less. You got nothing to lose.

And if it works for you, come back here and spread the word!

Ken
Bernie Sanders for President!
tl;dr just don't pick up a fag.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
If you read it cover to cover, it convinces you -- deep down, all the way to your subconscious -- that you really do NOT like to smoke at all,

Nope, I enjoy smoking.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

How convenient this guy knows the best method and all it requires is giving him money!
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
.mobi file? lol what a waste of my time my ad-block didn't work
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by krm27
Doctors are idiots

Maximum lolz, bro.

Of course you don't need a doctor to quit. The reason is that doctors aren't idiots - they really want to tell you, "Oh, you want to quit smoking? Then stop buying cigarettes, you imbecile. Now get out of my office."
Quote by AeroRocker
How convenient this guy knows the best method and all it requires is giving him money!

Funny how that works, right?

Quote by archangels
Of course you don't need a doctor to quit. The reason is that doctors aren't idiots - they really want to tell you, "Oh, you want to quit smoking? Then stop buying cigarettes, you imbecile. Now get out of my office."

DING DING DING! We have a winner!
I am posting this only because I am pissed by all the crappy quit-smoking stuff that is circulating -- ecigs, patches, medicines, cold-turkey, whatever.

Whilst E-cigs aren't 'really' quitting, they're still a healthier and cheaper alternative, which is the only thing a lot of people want.

Anyway, you either want to quit or you don't, pretty simple. A book isn't a guaranteed way to quit, utter bullshit right there. No way is 'guaranteed', especially a stupid book.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by krm27
The system is just reading a book. That's it. And it's a pretty short book, big print, easy read. And it's pretty well written, so you actually will not be bored reading it. The book is called "Quit Smoking the Easy Way" or something like that by Allen Carr. You can google it, if I got the name wrong.

You wrote that giant-ass wall of text without even bothering to look up the name of the book you wrote it about?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Trowzaa
Nope, I enjoy smoking.

yeah you likes those fags, don't you?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by archangels
Maximum lolz, bro.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I smoked for about 30 some odd years and used the patch to quit. And I think it helped to actually be ready to quit also. You have to want to quit.
Ive basically quit cold turkey, but I'm not beyond occasionally being a social smoker. I just feel no true need for them anymore.
I get tired of hearing adverts for patches, gum, e-cigs, inhalators etc., droning on about how tough it is to quit blah blah!

Well it's tough if you're an arse, otherwise just quit and shut up about it!

That is the best way!
Quote by Baby Joel
tl;dr just don't pick up a fag.

you're whats wrong with Uzbekistan.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I've basically quit smoking but I still sometimes eat cigarettes just as a snack when I'm on the train
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
I've basically quit smoking but I still sometimes eat cigarettes just as a snack when I'm on the train

Hahaha what?
Read a book???

Pfft
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by AeroRocker

Uh....this would make sense if I wrote or sold the book, but I did not and do not. I don't make any money if you buy it. I excuse your confusion since my original post was so long, probably you only skimmed it and jumped to an assumption. So, not really your fault. Bygones?

Ken
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I've actualy borrowed a copy of this book off a friend... all the mentioning of smoking in it just made me want to smoke a cigarette.

You aren't supposed to quit before you finish it. I was smoking the whole time I read the book, that's what you are supposed to do.

Ken
Quote by GodofCheesecake
You wrote that giant-ass wall of text without even bothering to look up the name of the book you wrote it about?

If you are a speed typer, like me, it does not take long to write a long post. I type about as fast as I can speak, sometimes faster. What's that, 5-10 minutes? That does not seem like a long time to pass on info that could save some one's life. The internet is about sharing knowledge so we all are better off, collectively, and we can tip one another off to the ways the "man" tries to control things, sell us lies, etc. Like you need drugs or patches to quit smoking... You just need knowledge.

Not starting is an even better way to stay healthy, as has been pointed out above, but it's not really a form of "quitting" cigarettes.

The flaw of those who quit cold turkey and then "man it out" or occasionally give in around other smokers (social smokers) is you are still caught in the grip of this lie that you really want to smoke, like you are suffering and giving up a joyful activity and denying yourself a pleasure when you don't smoke. The book that thinking around 180 degrees, which is why it is so effective. One book -- three hour read -- or denial, withdrawal, pills, patches, cancer. Seems a no-brainer to me. And if you hate reading, there has to be an app that'll read text to you, turn it into an audio book, or maybe they sell it as an audio book, who knows?

Ken