Hello. I am in a rock band. wee dont have a keyboard player. i allways wanted to create some atmospherical tones with efect pedals. tones like keyboard players do. sphere, atmosphere, space, wind tones... i dont know how to say. tones that slowly work in the background. what efects do i need to achieve that?
probably modulation (chorus, phaser, flanger) and delay (most likely analogue but there are lots of hybrid analogue/digitals that'd work, and even most digitals have analogue-sounding modes so it probably doesn't matter so much either ) and/or reverb. maybe even a synth type pedal to make it sound more like a keyboard (if that's what you want).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So i guess the best i buy an multifx pedalboard? what do you sugjest? line 6 POD, boss GT, boss ME, vox tonelab,.... something else?
Quote by kitarmen
So i guess the best i buy an multifx pedalboard? what do you sugjest? line 6 POD, boss GT, boss ME, vox tonelab,.... something else?

You don't need to shell out that much, you can just get a decent delay pedal (which doesn't mean expensive) and a decent chorus (again, not too pricey) and you'll be able to get some really lush, seriously atmospheric sounds. Or a delay and a reverb, you can get some really cool sounds out of that.

Check out this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBc74yu6YCM

His name is Andy Othling, he puts out music under the name Lowercase Noises and has a whole tonne of stuff on youtube to check out ( https://www.youtube.com/user/tubescreamer ) that includes gear demos, songs, and so on. It's really worth looking in to what he does because he shows you the kinds of really atmospheric sounds you can get out of a few well chosen pedals.

Don't be intimidated by the crazy gear he has; you can replicate most of the sounds pretty closely with a few carefully chosen pedals that don't have to be anywhere near as boutique as his.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
An important element of many keyboard/synth sounds is long, controlled attack and release times (you know, those long fade in/fade out sort of pad and string sounds), which are difficult to manage with a guitar. A volume pedal will allow you to do both of these quite well.

Though keep in mind that you will only be able to fade out/in the overall sound level rather than each individual note. For long, atmospheric pad sounds this should not be a problem.

Also be sure to know where to place the volume pedal in your effect chain. For this sort of thing, putting it after your compressor, distortion, and modulation and before your delay and reverb is probably the way to go.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Apr 4, 2014,
I don't really have much (or any really ) experience with multifx pedals.

as zaphod says you don't have to pay that much to get a decent delay, reverb or chorus pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?