Hello there! I am currently doing a great job at guitar! I can play literally anything I want to, which is awesome. However, though my guitar is absolutely f**king awesome, it is missing one thing... A whammy bar. Now, I like both Steve Vai, and Van Halen. I also adore rock, as you may have guessed. Both of these guitars, at least from what I have heard, are fantastic. However, I don't know which one to choose. Of course, the Ibanez is more expensive, but price here is not a factor. I can get either one. However, I can not get both, at least, not at the same time. You see, I am a student at school, currently doing crappy because I don't want to learn, but, slowly I am getting there. I can achieve A grades easily, but I never am bothered enough to do so. My Dad told me if I pass my exams, then I will get something really nice. However, these aren't any exams, you see, these exams decide wether I will go to an english boarding school, and go back to England (I currently live in Serbia). However, the thing is, I am only going to be able to get one guitar, because of the fact that my dad does't get two guitars. He is just like that. I like both guitars. I like the Kramer because it is simple and made to go crazy on! It is so simple yet so amazing that it is ridiculous. Now, the Jem on the other hand is literally a gem of a guitar (pun intended)! It is amazing. however, it is a much more serious piece of equipment. It is much more complicated (not that I don't know how to use a guitar) and is a, well, I really don't know how to describe it. It is just, well, think of it this way, it is like comparing Steve Vai and Van Halen. Literally. I mean, the 5150 literally represents Van Halen. It is fun, simple, crazy! The Jem is like Steve Vai. It is precise, clean, amazing! Now, do you see the dilemma? Well, I am guessing some of you don't, but I do. I need your opinions! Thank you, and keep on rocking!

Ivan!
Quote by |)EMON-OF-METAL
Hello there! I am currently doing a great job at guitar! I can play literally anything I want to, which is awesome. However, though my guitar is absolutely f**king awesome, it is missing one thing... A whammy bar. Now, I like both Steve Vai, and Van Halen. I also adore rock, as you may have guessed. Both of these guitars, at least from what I have heard, are fantastic. However, I don't know which one to choose. Of course, the Ibanez is more expensive, but price here is not a factor. I can get either one. However, I can not get both, at least, not at the same time. You see, I am a student at school, currently doing crappy because I don't want to learn, but, slowly I am getting there. I can achieve A grades easily, but I never am bothered enough to do so. My Dad told me if I pass my exams, then I will get something really nice. However, these aren't any exams, you see, these exams decide wether I will go to an english boarding school, and go back to England (I currently live in Serbia). However, the thing is, I am only going to be able to get one guitar, because of the fact that my dad does't get two guitars. He is just like that. I like both guitars. I like the Kramer because it is simple and made to go crazy on! It is so simple yet so amazing that it is ridiculous. Now, the Jem on the other hand is literally a gem of a guitar (pun intended)! It is amazing. however, it is a much more serious piece of equipment. It is much more complicated (not that I don't know how to use a guitar) and is a, well, I really don't know how to describe it. It is just, well, think of it this way, it is like comparing Steve Vai and Van Halen. Literally. I mean, the 5150 literally represents Van Halen. It is fun, simple, crazy! The Jem is like Steve Vai. It is precise, clean, amazing! Now, do you see the dilemma? Well, I am guessing some of you don't, but I do. I need your opinions! Thank you, and keep on rocking!

Ivan!

Avoid the one with a floyd if you want to try out other tunings.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
If the price is not a factor at all you have absolutely tons of options. and if you like both vai and VH and can't decide, rather than getting either player's signature model, maybe a non-signature model might be better. you normally get more for your money doing that, too. An ibanez prestige RG, Jackson USA or Japanese-made ESP would all be great. Or even a vigier or tyler/suhr/etc. would be nice. Any kind of good quality superstrat with a floyd is going to work for those type of tones, assuming your amp is suitable. it's just down to which you like best (both in terms of cosmetics and how the thing plays), really, once you hit a certain quality level.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?