Why do you say that? I'm not an expert on JEMs, I'd like to hear how do you know it's a ripoff..
Those cutaways look really weird but it could be the angle.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by JackovSlayer
Why do you say that? I'm not an expert on JEMs, I'd like to hear how do you know it's a ripoff..The cutaways aren't cut right.

THE LIST SO FAR:

The cutaways aren't cut right at all.

DiMarzio doesn't brand their pickups on the front.

The pickguard has 9 screws while Ibanez uses 10.

The monkey grip is off the original position and larger than before.

And the five way isn't angled properly.

Also on closer inspection, it has traditional slug/screw coils for the pickups.

The bridge and posts are completely gold, the real thing has a mix of black/gold for the bridge and has black posts. Also, the rods that lock the strings aren't long enough by the looks of it.

The bridge isn't an Original Edge, and the bridge rout isn't cut for the Edge. The real JEM has a second cut below the first for the "lions claw" thing.

One of the inlays has what looks like some extra glue that spilled out and stained the board.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Last edited by Guy_Mitchell at Apr 3, 2014,
In the second picture it kind of looks like the inlay fell out. Wow….
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I have the urge to ask for some pictures of the back and the headstock.

This thing is just a pile of shit.

I'm just going to keep updating the list with everything else I find.
Quote by Guy_Mitchell

The pickguard has 9 screws while Ibanez uses 10.

I know what an JEM looks like, but you'd have to be some kind of Ibanez psychopath to be able to tell this as a difference at a glance. I guarantee the CEO of Ibanez, or whoever's in charge of the design of the guitars over there wouldn't be able to tell you how many screws are in the pickguards off the top of their head.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I know what an JEM looks like, but you'd have to be some kind of Ibanez psychopath to be able to tell this as a difference at a glance. I guarantee the CEO of Ibanez, or whoever's in charge of the design of the guitars over there wouldn't be able to tell you how many screws are in the pickguards off the top of their head.

When you lay down $3,000 for an instrument, you tend to recognize every last detail.

Quote by BobDetroit
So you think the sweet Behringer combo is a fake too?

Implying a fake Behringer would be worse than the real thing.

I don't like the JEMs, but being an Ibby guy I could see those cutaways and grip were wonky a mile away.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
It's funny that he's trying to pass it off as $3000 instrument, but I'd have to say that that's still a solid guitar for the $600-$800 range. But you'd never be able to play it in public, or you'd be ThatGuy that plays the knockoff JEM
Quote by bdof
It's funny that he's trying to pass it off as $3000 instrument, but I'd have to say that that's still a solid guitar for the $600-$800 range. But you'd never be able to play it in public, or you'd be ThatGuy that plays the knockoff JEM

Except for the fact you can buy those cheap Chibanez for 300 bucks straight from China. Ive never held or played one...but according to most that have they are absolute garbage.
Quote by Fastmerc
Except for the fact you can buy those cheap Chibanez for 300 bucks straight from China. Ive never held or played one...but according to most that have they are absolute garbage.

Its like playing darts while your drunk. Some serious jewels, but in recent years, mostly polished turds.

Have to admit though, if my dad bought me a $300 from China that had "Gibson" on the headstock when I was a kid, I'd be ecstatic. Don't know why, but Epiphone's headstocks look like shit to me. Just feels like its too long for a 3+3 headstock.
Quote by Guy_Mitchell
DiMarzio doesn't brand their pickups on the front.

Actually, they do brand some of them: most of their single-coil size pickups are branded with the DiMarzio logo:

But you are correct: none of the pickups on that guitar would have a DiMarzio logo if they were real.

There are far too many problems with that guitar to believe that it is real. The guitar is probably a very bad knockoff.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by utmbarto
In the second picture it kind of looks like the inlay fell out. Wow….

It really does...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by FatalGear41
Actually, they do brand some of them: most of their single-coil size pickups are branded with the DiMarzio logo:

*snipped*

But you are correct: none of the pickups on that guitar would have a DiMarzio logo if they were real.

There are far too many problems with that guitar to believe that it is real. The guitar is probably a very bad knockoff.

"DiMarzio makes single coils???"

That thing is horrid. Also, the angle on the 1st picture might be accentuating it, but the body "horns" look completely out of proportion.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Nickpocalypse

Those cutaways just look ridiculous though.

I guarantee the CEO of Ibanez would be able to see that.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I may not pay much attention to Jems, but that one definitely looks sketchy. Whether it's the angle or not, the horns are way out of line on it.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Yeah, there's no way given what I'm seeing that this thing is the real deal. Granted, it'd be a cool guitar for some broke teenager looking for a copy of a well-known guitar, but as far as passing it off as the real Ibanez flagship axe, this is a mile or more off the mark, especially considering its a supposedly high end guitar paired with almost the cheapest possible combo amp. How much does anyone want to bet this guy wouldn't accept returns?
Quote by bdof

Your crazy, that is a $300 (shipping included) Chinese Fake look at DH Gate or Tradetang and you'll find them in spades

I wish you lived in my area, I could get rich off of you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate