Hi
I've made a fuzz pedal, and im not exactly sure what type of fuzz it is. Can someone please explain the different types of fuzz.

Secondly what would the best combination of the components below be to get a good fuzz.

Finally, how I have it right now, it sounds alright, but the notes arn't very sustained eg it dies in volume very quick - is there anything I can do to counter this or do I need some kind of booster

Thanks , please try and answer all my questions
The components which I forgot to mention are:

Capacitors:
1uf (105)
100nf (104)
10nf (103)

Diodes:
Bat41
1n34a
1n914

Transistors:
MPSA13
MPSA18
2n5088
2n3904

Resistors:

I built the pedal so I can interchange parts easily as they are not actually soldered to the PCB

Last question: Can you explain exactly how the parts work - well I know that but how do they make the "fuzz" of the pedal
If the notes are cutting out early you probably have the bias wrong. I can't really help without knowing what circuit you're using.
Would it help of I take a pic of the PCB? Or actually Il have a look for the circuit diagram I used and how I have it right now
Keep the resistor how it should be. I would guess that's for biasing the transistor (it's a bit hard to tell from that circuit board, but it's unlikely they'd have no biasing resistor). If you really like, you could change it to say a 100k trim pot do see if there's a different value that works for you or for different transistors.
Yeah before you replied I changed the resistor to a 10k and changed the transistor I cant remember what to but it sounds really good now and there's no early cut off