Page 1 of 2
Hello, i was wondering how do you deal with folowing problem. i want create drum track or at least drum loop with the similar rhythm as this music on the link below. . Or any else music, not important. how should i do that? i have a software Ezdrummer and Fruity Loops but i dont want to try untill i Succeed. there has to be some proper way to copy or recreate a drum track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326_NTJvaHc
There isn't just a button you can press to make drum tracks. It's like anything you have to practice it till you get better.
Quote by kitarmen
Hello, i was wondering how do you deal with folowing problem. i want create drum track or at least drum loop with the similar rhythm as this music on the link below. . Or any else music, not important. how should i do that? i have a software Ezdrummer and Fruity Loops but i dont want to try untill i Succeed. there has to be some proper way to copy or recreate a drum track.
Yeah I mean I myself usually don't wanna try stuff until I succeed in doing that thing.

Anyway, ask in the recording forum, people here will most likely mock you and not help you.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Do you know how to use Guitar Pro/TuxGuitar? Compose a drum piece, export as MIDI, import into FL, replace instrument with EZdrummer, bish bash bosh.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by kitarmen
(...)i dont want to try untill i Succeed(...)

This is a problem because this is exactly how you learn it and you won't get it right on first try.

Easiest way if you're new to this, in this case if you want to recreate the track:

-Transcribe the drums, use slow down audio manipulation software and write down everything you hear in TuxGuitar/GuitarPro.
-Listen for every kick, snare and overhead and get them in the correct time, either by a) already understanding rhythm or b) by trial and error until it sounds right using your ear.
Do this for the whole song measure-by-measure and avoid copy pasting bars unless you're sure they're identical (if you want to be thorough and have your track sounding authentic)
-Find out the BPM (tempo) tapping along with the beat using such a tool/website and apply it in your editing software
-Export the track in MIDI from Tux/GP
-Import the MIDI in your DAW (Fruityloops I guess)
-Apply EZdrummer effects
-Done. Now you just gotta mix/EQ and adjust where necessary.

This takes time and effort but you can probably do it in a day.
Fairlly easily if you know just how the drums fit in a song and how you want the drums to go basically, I made this in FL with superior drummer, just practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0Z0Z_L-X8
The guitars, bass, etc were also FL. Velocity has a lot to do with the sound on drums and you really have to dick with it a lot to get it realish sounding.

Quote by EpiExplorer
Do you know how to use Guitar Pro/TuxGuitar? Compose a drum piece, export as MIDI, import into FL, replace instrument with EZdrummer, bish bash bosh.

It's by far easier to produce in FL, and to just start there. I would recommend just learning how to write in FL. If you do want to copy the EXACT drums, just rip the midi someone else made off guitar pro I guess, even though you couldn't use it without crediting the original creator.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 4, 2014,
From my experience, creating drums with a pc is an expert skill no matter what program you have downloaded on your computer. I, however, have mastered the art, and shall devote my time and resources to teaching you to do the same.

First, you're going to want to buy your wood, hardware, assorted paints, lacquer, and glue. Take a sharp edge on your computer and start shaving down your wood plank until you reach your desired thickness.

Let me know when this first task is completed, grasshopper.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by stratkat

It's by far easier to produce in FL.

Having used FL for 2 years before moving to Pro Tools with both EZdrummer being used on both, your sentence is just rubbish.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Having used FL for 2 years before moving to Pro Tools with both EZdrummer being used on both, your sentence is just rubbish.

Alright, I'm not changing my opinion or main DAW.
Come on this is The Pit, we have to argue about every little detail even if it makes no odds.
Quote by stratkat
It's by far easier to produce in FL, and to just start there.
Bro do you even Logic?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by MadClownDisease
1) Turn your computer on its side.
2) Take two drumsticks.
3) Using the sticks, hit the computer to the rhythm you require.

It's easy as that.

yeah if you only want a snare... you need to use the monitor and keyboard and kick and hi-hat
Start by getting good drum software. Ones with high-quality drum samples that are highly flexible and you can do much with. I'm talking Superior Drummer 2.0, Addictive Drums, etc. Don't bother with EZDrummer or FLStudio's drums unless you're broke.

Learn how to program midi. Clicking and placing notes may seem easy, but the hard part is getting them to sound good when put together. If you choose to just use the midi roller, make it to where it's one-click, note place. Double clicking gets annoying when you are using many instruments.

And NEVER FUCKING QUANTIZE 100%. That's like the ultimate giveaway for fake drums.

Probably the biggest improvement for me though was buying a controller pad, mine in particular an AKAI MP18. Will actually allow you to play out the drum beats with your fingers in real or slowed-time instead of painstakingly plugging shit in on a Midi sheet.

Here's before I obtained one: https://soundcloud.com/cherry-fox-ian/lumi-sample/s-v7fa0 Very fake, robotic sounding, overly simple. Drums were plugged in with a mouse.

Drums here were done entirely with the MP18 (drums kick in later): https://soundcloud.com/cherry-fox-ian/dustins-song-demo-fake-guitar/s-Khnl5

It's not perfect, as you can tell the second has many velocity errors, and you will have to quantize a little bit. Either way the time is cut in half and the sound is Superior.

Another helpful thing I can suggest is talking to other drummers, get their opinions on the tracks. You're just a guitar player, you don't know the intricacies that drummers put into even the simplest of drum patterns. Just having a drummer assist can make your programming sound 10x more realistic.

Hope this helped at all...
Quote by captaincrunk
yeah if you only want a snare... you need to use the monitor and keyboard and kick and hi-hat

If you need a metronome, simply find a friend with a good timing and ask him to click the mouse in a regular beat.
1- Use Cubase
2- Use Cubase
3- Use Cubase
4- Do not use only one VSTI. I combine EZ's bassdrums & Addictive Drums' snares.
5- Trial & error is the best way to go. You'll learn more from a mistake than reading this ****** forum for 10 days
6-EQ & compress
7- Use WAVE format, seriously, use it

Good luck
Last edited by blackone666 at Apr 4, 2014,
Quote by kitarmen
i dont want to try untill i Succeed.

that statement hurt my brain
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by blackone666
1- Use Cubase
2- Use Cubase
3- Use Cubase

Ok, this shit is just stupid. You guys need to stop plugging whatever DAW you like. If TS likes Fruity Loops, who gives a fuck? EVERYONE needs to cut this shit out.
Quote by MadClownDisease
1) Turn your computer on its side.
2) Take two drumsticks.
3) Using the sticks, hit the computer to the rhythm you require.

It's easy as that.

Yup, and you can use your clicky clicky like a high hat and tip tap the monitor for a snare. :3
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Yup, and you can use your clicky clicky like a high hat and tip tap the monitor for a snare. :3

that's the kinda thing i actually do and it works really well

so if you were joking that's cool but i'm telling people to really do that
Lesson learned today: never try to help any-****ing-one in this forum. NEVER. have a good day
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, this shit is just stupid. You guys need to stop plugging whatever DAW you like. If TS likes Fruity Loops, who gives a fuck? EVERYONE needs to cut this shit out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackone666
1- Use Cubase
2- Use Cubase
3- Use Cubase

Ok, this shit is just stupid. You guys need to stop plugging whatever DAW you like. If TS likes Fruity Loops, who gives a ****? EVERYONE needs to cut this shit out.

LOL, are you telling me that FL is better than Cubase? I was just trying to help him with his issue, telling what I THINK is best for that.
Quote by blackone666
LOL, are you telling me that FL is better than Cubase? I was just trying to help him with his issue, telling what I THINK is best for that.

I really don't give a shit. He has FL. Deal with it. Everyone plugging their own DAW is useless. He wasn't asking what DAW he should get. And, as the guys in the recording forum can tell you, FL is actually quite good.

I really don't know anything about acoustic drum tuts, but trancecrafter has some of the best FL tutorials, and I'd familiarize yourself with the step sequencer and midi roll of Fl if you haven't messed around in it already.
just go hire one of those "will work for food" people... pick them up and take them to your place or some empty warehouse that doesn't have an alarm systme. Turn over a few empty 5 gallon paint cans or whatever and give them some sticks to hit with. Then press record (usually marked in red on the button) on some tape player you found in your attic or steal one from a local thrift store. Then after they played for a while give them a cheeseburger and tell them to get out. BOOM... instant drums to loop and loop to your hearts content.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by willT08
that's the kinda thing i actually do and it works really well

so if you were joking that's cool but i'm telling people to really do that

I was mostly joking but I can imagine it would actually work well.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Malchius
^ Isn't that the thing you get on FL studio?

Indeed it's FL chan, an image-line mascot.

There's a plug in where you get dancing fl chan at what bpm you set it too, she's rad.
Open up fruity loops and make the drum beat note by note, loop sections that need loop, and then change the patches to something not shitty.
Page 1 of 2