Hey guys, got a question that I can't seem to answer.
I have a Egnator Tweaker 15 head with the 1x12 cab. Right now, it sits on top of my old rogue RG-50 (watch out! solid state action at it's finest!)
I want to move the rogue and use it to play my music for when I practice drums (my mp3 player doesn't go loud enough)
I want to keep the head at approximately the same height so I can adjust it without bending down. I can't find a stand to put the egnator on that doesn't tilt. The easy answer is just buy another 1x12 cab to set it on, but I don't think I can convince the wife that it is a good idea.
What have you guys done for something like this? Maybe a stand I'm not thinking of, or a piece of furniture?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I would put both amps on whatever piece of furniture you have at your disposal, and the cab near them, so you'd have something like, from left to right, the tweaker, the RG, and the cab.

That way you'd both have the controls and the audio sources at about the same height.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah. Even just a crappy coffee table or something. It's easy to get a little bit of height man you don't need to buy a new cab
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Well, the old favourite is the milk crate.

I've seen angled cabs that have space beneath for the head. Maybe somebody's got a link?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by N_J_B_B
Yeah. Even just a crappy coffee table or something. It's easy to get a little bit of height man you don't need to buy a new cab

Come on, do we ever NEED to buy a new cab?
Quote by Cathbard
Well, the old favourite is the milk crate.

I've seen angled cabs that have space beneath for the head. Maybe somebody's got a link?

Didn't think about the milk crate. that's totally rock and roll right there.
use a ratchet strap and tether the head to the cab, then an angled stand will work just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Something like this?

Amazon
GuitarCenter
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Apr 4, 2014,
Quote by Linkerman
Something like this?

Amazon
GuitarCenter

I saw that, looks like it doesn't tilt too much, but I still don't think I would put my "1/2 stack" on there.
I used a stool before I bought my stand.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Buddy of mine has a product that he released this year at NAMM that tilts the speaker internally, rather than as a bulky stand... and you can tilt it in any direction you want, which is nice if you have a 2x12 and want more spread - you can tilt the speakers out to fill more of the room - pretty cool!

It's called Tilt-A-Speaker, and from what I remember, it's very inexpensive. Worth a look, at least
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ryanbwags
I saw that, looks like it doesn't tilt too much, but I still don't think I would put my "1/2 stack" on there.

From what i can see the tilt angle is adjustable, so i think you can put it absolutely level.
Also, it has those back supports which would make me feel safer.

Quote by MatrixClaw
Buddy of mine has a product that he released this year at NAMM that tilts the speaker internally, rather than as a bulky stand... and you can tilt it in any direction you want, which is nice if you have a 2x12 and want more spread - you can tilt the speakers out to fill more of the room - pretty cool!

It's called Tilt-A-Speaker, and from what I remember, it's very inexpensive. Worth a look, at least

TS does NOT want to tilt neither the amp nor the speakers; he just wants to increase his halfstack height so he can adjust settings without bending down.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
TS does NOT want to tilt neither the amp nor the speakers; he just wants to increase his halfstack height so he can adjust settings without bending down.

I know, but if he can't find a stand that won't tilt (or already has one that tilts), he could tilt the speaker internally to still be going straight Plus, I just think it's kinda an interesting product, so someone who DOES want the amp to tilt, might consider it, too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I know, but if he can't find a stand that won't tilt (or already has one that tilts), he could tilt the speaker internally to still be going straight Plus, I just think it's kinda an interesting product, so someone who DOES want the amp to tilt, might consider it, too.

That's a cool idea, maybe later.
I think I may buy a nice wide stool or something similar. Thanks for all the ideas!
Milk crate.