https://soundcloud.com/eric-trujillo-5/tie-your-mother-down

I was feeling bad about myself this afternoon so I decided to do something awesome. I played every instrument including vocals. Enjoy
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
First of all, I want to say that I love your vocals. They are extremely clean and precise. The stuff that you play is much more 'classic' than the one that I play, but I appreciate the effort you've made in order to cover this song.
The drums sound very fine to me and there's nothing I comment on here.
As regards the guitar - the tone seems fine, but a bit artificial? Like as if the guitar was muted or at least a bit "far away" from the band.
The 'harmony' vocals are lovely, they hit and merge in the right points.
As regards the solo, you play in a very 'modern way'. The taps, legatos, and palm muted parts are a beast. The ending of the solo and the beginning of the final vocals smell of Nunno Bettencourt to me. And I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Bettencourt so I am under a huge impression.

All in all, you've done an awesome job. I am looking forward for some more videos of yours. If you could tell me how do you create drums for your backing tracks, I would be terribly grateful (PW)

Thanks a lot, it was a pleasure.
Quote by b3guitar
First of all, I want to say that I love your vocals. They are extremely clean and precise. The stuff that you play is much more 'classic' than the one that I play, but I appreciate the effort you've made in order to cover this song.
The drums sound very fine to me and there's nothing I comment on here.
As regards the guitar - the tone seems fine, but a bit artificial? Like as if the guitar was muted or at least a bit "far away" from the band.
The 'harmony' vocals are lovely, they hit and merge in the right points.
As regards the solo, you play in a very 'modern way'. The taps, legatos, and palm muted parts are a beast. The ending of the solo and the beginning of the final vocals smell of Nunno Bettencourt to me. And I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Bettencourt so I am under a huge impression.

All in all, you've done an awesome job. I am looking forward for some more videos of yours. If you could tell me how do you create drums for your backing tracks, I would be terribly grateful (PW)

Thanks a lot, it was a pleasure.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the feed back. Yes, I have issues with the guitar layering and the tone, I don't know how to make it clearer, I've tried so many things to fix it and it just doesn't work . But as far as creating the backing tracks, this is my process. I get a guitar pro Tab that has the drums, I export the drums to midi and then I import then back into reaper. Then I run my drum software which is Superior Drummer 2.3 and I have it play the MIDI file and I modify it as I go if I dont like something. I record bass and guitars on top of that.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Wow, it seems like you put a lot of work into this. The instrumental is spot on, you play with a lot of feel (attitude, amirite? ) and as clean as it can be, and the voice flows perfectly with the music, and I don't see that everyday, so I don't have anything bad to say about this, excellent job!
Really great performance, but there's just nobody that can do it better than Freddy. Really awesome quality though. I was very impressed
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Thank you fellas I appreciate the feedback so much. Ill be more than happy to review anyone's work, either sendme a message or a link to your thread if I haven't reviewed it already.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Excuse me, but I would be extremely grateful if you could describe to me in detail the process of constructing drums that you've posted above. I am sorry for bothering you, but I would like to know it.
If you want to, you can PM me

Regards!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1639780

Sorry for the double post but the tutorial is up on the main page and if anyone was interested, you can take a look at the thread.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9