Hello! I am looking at some wah pedal. i am unexperienced. i want to buy one that doesnt change to tone when its turned off. i am choosing between Vox V847 and Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95. Are they good enough and dont change the tone? thanx!
The gcb-95 will cause a slight loss of high end frequencies when turned off, but it is hardly noticeable. If it bothers you, get the crybaby classic instead which is true bypass
Get a used Morley wah, way better than Crybaby and Vox

Crybaby classic pedals are not true bypass unless you mod them
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Crybaby classic pedals are not true bypass unless you mod them

Yes it is. The GCB-95F
Quote by 757ian123
Yes it is. The GCB-95F

My mistake, I checked and your right. I didn't think any Crybaby's were true bypass.

Morley wahs are still much better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you're inexperienced in wah pedals and don't know specifically what you want, get something with various tone controls on it. It'll help you play with what you want out of your wah and not have to get another wah pedal to change it! I have the ibanez weeping demon and i love it.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
i always contribute three recommendations. spend a little more, you get ALOT more.

RMC- wizard wah, picture wah
Fulltone Clyde (or deluxe)
Chi-Wah-Wah (kitty always recommends this). its a full sweep in a boss sized box. demos sound nice.

i own a Fulltone Clyde love the damn thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
and what about Behringer hellbabe? its verry cheap and the reviews on youtube are good, doesnt sound bad at all. does it have true bypass?
Quote by kitarmen
and what about Behringer hellbabe? its verry cheap and the reviews on youtube are good, doesnt sound bad at all. does it have true bypass?

anything Behringer stay away from. they are cheap shit. no reliability not worth the time. i haven't ever owned one but i have seen more than plenty fail.

if you don't believe me, go to the pedal thread and ask them.

some things are not good to cheap out on.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I have to disagree on the behringer comment there. I have owned bugera (behringer company) tube amps, tons of behringer pedals and countless other items. Over 15 items or so. Not a single problem with any single one. Sure some of there pedal are made of plastic but it's pretty damn strong and people always say it breaks. Well someone who stomps that hard on a pedal should probably calm down on stage a little.
Some people just can't grasp the idea that something from china can have a good build quality. People are so wound up with the notoriety of owning name brand. That's just my two cents. But it all comes down to the sound you want. Listen to videos, read reviews and make the decision yourself so you can get the best gear for YOUR playing style.
Quote by Nikolai-Paul
I have to disagree on the behringer comment there. I have owned bugera (behringer company) tube amps, tons of behringer pedals and countless other items. Over 15 items or so. Not a single problem with any single one. Sure some of there pedal are made of plastic but it's pretty damn strong and people always say it breaks. Well someone who stomps that hard on a pedal should probably calm down on stage a little.
Some people just can't grasp the idea that something from china can have a good build quality. People are so wound up with the notoriety of owning name brand. That's just my two cents. But it all comes down to the sound you want. Listen to videos, read reviews and make the decision yourself so you can get the best gear for YOUR playing style.

good for you. but you are an outlier in the group in the scatter plot of behringer shit.

also have you ever gigged? higher energy the better for the audience. they have more fun they have more enthusiasm.you have more fun. high energy is good. gear should be able to take it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Robbgnarly
Get a used Morley wah, way better than Crybaby and Vox

+1
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

Well I will 100% disagree with you. I have owned a Bugera 333, I have owned a behringer mixer and I have had problems with both. Everyone I know that has owned a Bugera amp has had problems that require a tech.

That means crap in my book. Anyone willing to build a STOMP BOX out of plastic is not quality at all.

If you really have not had any problems you are the anomaly.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Every now and then you'll get a Behringer product that hangs in there. So ****ing what?

And anyway, the Hallbabe is a dreadful sounding pedal, is poorly built and made out of crap.

I'm a Morley man myself. Love that opto resistor instead of a pot. Pot activated ones like the Crybaby and the Vox wear out and go scratchy and then you have to change it - and you have to use the right pot, they aren't cheap and they are a PITA.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 8, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
good for you. but you are an outlier in the group in the scatter plot of behringer shit.

also have you ever gigged? higher energy the better for the audience. they have more fun they have more enthusiasm.you have more fun. high energy is good. gear should be able to take it.

Very ture I will agree with the high energy being good on stage. But man I sure feel bad for the poor pedal that gets crushed plastic or not haha.

Maybe I am a rare anomaly in the behringer world. But I have had good experience with them and feel I should share it among all the negative feedback too.

I will say though my 333xl is one of the newer model amps made after bugera fixed all the electrical issues. Pretty much all of the horror stories of amps blowing up were from the first run of amps they made prior to 2009 I think. So I don't I'd trust used ones though.
^ but what about all of the "new" Bugeras I have seen because of crappy QC and their shitty attempt to copy Orange with the new Infnium, that really is crap? Trust me, as a past Bugera 333 owner, the tones are there, but if you are a serious gigging musician Bugera should be the farthest amp from your mind.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Morley wahs are still much better

Each to their own, mate.

I've tried an absolute s**t-ton of Wahs and whilst I loved how the Morley turned off when your foot wasn't on it, to me it sounded weak and was a bit of an odd design. I prefer the ones which are more foot shaped. In my opinion, the best Wahs are either Signature Crybabies (in particular the EVH or the Dimebag) or the Snarling Dogs Wah pedals but they are mega expensive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ but what about all of the "new" Bugeras I have seen because of crappy QC and their shitty attempt to copy Orange with the new Infnium, that really is crap? Trust me, as a past Bugera 333 owner, the tones are there, but if you are a serious gigging musician Bugera should be the farthest amp from your mind.

i have also heard of the infiniums being just as shitty.

Nikolai-Paul ready for the stupid thing? you have a amp you bought a shitty attempted clone 333, but you could have gotten a Peavey XXX (WHICH IS WHAT BUGERA RIPPED OFF) USED FOR LESS.

peaveys are IMHO second to mesa or equial to mesa in building amps, they are tough as hell and will probably go to your offspring some day. +

bugera may not last as long as the first trimester. if you knock a chick up today. which probably won't happen.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
anything Behringer stay away from.

I've had some fantastic experience with behringer products.
Some are much much better than others. In saying that, I have no experience with their wah.

I can't believe no one has asked for a) a budget and b) the type of music TS plays.
Morleys are generally good for heavier music, but I definitely like the crybaby/vox's more for clean stuff.
RIP Gooze

cats
Why did this turn into a bash behringer thread? The guy asked for people's opinions on wah pedals so I gave him my opinion on the behringer products.
Just because you had a shitty experience with them doesn't mean everyone did. I love the tone I get, I gig with it and have had no issues whatsoever.
Quote by Nikolai-Paul
Why did this turn into a bash behringer thread? The guy asked for people's opinions on wah pedals so I gave him my opinion on the behringer products.
Just because you had a shitty experience with them doesn't mean everyone did. I love the tone I get, I gig with it and have had no issues whatsoever.

Well behringer makes crap, that is the reason. We are trying to help people not waist money, not just light it on fire

Their QC sucks, end of story.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
And the question was asked. Regardless of QC and general build quality, the Hellbabe is a really bad sounding wah. Just awful.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification