I initially got the Marshall JCM2000 Triple Super Lead (the 60w combo) a few years back because I wanted to play hard rock. I like it but my playing style moved into the "indie/alternative rock" area (The Strokes, Two Door Cinema Club, generally jangly clean and light overdrive music). I've been trying to sell it for a while so I can get a new amp but have had no luck so I'm just going to try and get the most out of this amp. That said, are there any tips for making the amp sound better? I really like the clean channel, I'd just like to polish it a bit, and I'm planning on getting an overdrive pedal to get the overdriven sound I want (the drive on the amp is very fuzzy and bland, definitely more hard rock oriented).

I remember while researching the amp after buying it a lot of people suggested swapping the speaker, and I definitely need to replace the tubes, any suggestions for what to replace them with? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated
new tubes can help the TSL a lot
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So can a trash compacter.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You will be able to sell it if you're prepared to let it go for the right money - not selling = asking too much. I'd pay $0.99 for your amp, and I'm not even looking for a TSL. Somewhere between the price anyone would buy it and your asking price will be its immediate sale value.

As an alternative suggestion, how about the following:
- find another amp that produces the sound you want. Usually Marshall amps get criticised for their clean tones, so I would imagine you could find something that would give you an overdrive you like with improved cleans too.
- check out ebay to see how much other TSLs sell for. Note - ignore 'buy it now' or ones that have zero bids. People can ask what they want, but it's not an indicator of value. This will give you an idea of how much you could get for your amp if you started at $0.99 with no reserve.
- compare the net outlay for replacing your amp with something that suits you, vs buying pedals and changing the valves on your current amp.

You'll then be in a position to make an informed decision as to which option will be cheaper, and weight that up against your preferred option tone-wise.
Last edited by Quiffmiester at Apr 8, 2014,
What guitar are you using? A single coil strat style guitar on the neck or neck/middle is like instant jangly and sparkly tone for me. Pushing the clean channel with a clean boost or a tubescreamer will give you a light breakup and make it more sparkly. Adding light-medium reverb and a touch of delay adds to the janglyness in my experience.

Ive never used the TSL, but those methods worked for me on all three of my amps- none of which were really primarily geared to clean sounds. Good luck
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69