Budget? - 250€ (350dollars)

Favorite Artists? everything, Beatles to Foo Fighter to You Me at six

Preferences Les Paul shape preferably or an SG

Pickups? - Dont really know to be honest

New or Used? -New

Location? - Irealnd
Current Gear? -10 Watt amp, Sold my 50 € electric guitar as it wore out, have a mandolin, ukulele, acoustic and Keys, Just looking for a good electric
have you tried any LPs? they can be a bit bulky/heavy if you're not used to them. a lot of players don't care (or are willing to put up with it), so I'm not saying to discount them completely or anything like that (they're classics for a reason), but just if you haven't tried them i'd try one first before buying one.

i'm guessing you can get an epi sg400 for that kind of money, which is probably worth considering. or a vintage. (haven't tried either, i should point out, just the epi LPs).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

If you're close to Dublin, check out Waltons
their guitar-guru Kevin sure will match the thomann price
Last edited by paruwi at Apr 5, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
have you tried any LPs? they can be a bit bulky/heavy if you're not used to them. a lot of players don't care (or are willing to put up with it), so I'm not saying to discount them completely or anything like that (they're classics for a reason), but just if you haven't tried them i'd try one first before buying one.

i'm guessing you can get an epi sg400 for that kind of money, which is probably worth considering. or a vintage. (haven't tried either, i should point out, just the epi LPs).

No i havent tried an LP before but i love the guitar to be honest, sick of looking at strats
no worries, it's just worth being aware of. As i said, plenty of guitar players don't care (or even if they do, are willing to put up with it), just it's worth bearing in mind if you have a bad back or are a wuss like me (and even saying that I have an edwards LP, so yeah ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go into the music store and be a pain and try out a few guitars to see what feels right to you. Then go into another music store and do the same, you will then find the type of guitars you feel is right for you.
Jock
Quote by Jock68
Go into the music store and be a pain and try out a few guitars to see what feels right to you. Then go into another music store and do the same, you will then find the type of guitars you feel is right for you.
Jock

I live in the middle of nowhere The only music store close to me has only 1 electric guitar, and its a death metal looking thing and at 2,500 its a little out of my price range
Thanks though, i appreciate the comment
Quote by Dave_Mc
no worries, it's just worth being aware of. As i said, plenty of guitar players don't care (or even if they do, are willing to put up with it), just it's worth bearing in mind if you have a bad back or are a wuss like me (and even saying that I have an edwards LP, so yeah ).

Ehh my backs not the best actually :/ How much heavier are they than strats ?

Can anybody tell me anything about the LP 100 by Epi
Last edited by peter3clarke at Apr 6, 2014,
Quote by peter3clarke

Epi LesPauls are around 3,3 - 3,6 kg - Strats are not lighter in weight, IMO

Well, the LP-100 is only 25 Euro cheaper than the above mentioned Studio Deluxe
though it has a bolt-on neck and the cheaper pickups
The Studio Deluxe is infact a Standard without binding - the way better deal than the LP-100

If you live in the middle of nowhere buying online with a '3 year warranty' and a '30-day money-back guarantee' can be a good deal

Quote by peter3clarke

it depends on the specific guitar, really. i've tried heavier strats and lighter ones. but generally, yeah i'd say they're a fair bit heavier than strats. at least that's the way they feel to me.

i haven't tried the lp100 but i think it has the rep of being a beginner guitar. you can do better with your budget, in other words.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out these, they get really good reviews
www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by peter3clarke
Budget? - 250€ (350dollars)

Favorite Artists? everything, Beatles to Foo Fighter to You Me at six

Preferences Les Paul shape preferably or an SG

Pickups? - Dont really know to be honest

New or Used? -New

Location? - Irealnd
Current Gear? -10 Watt amp, Sold my 50 € electric guitar as it wore out, have a mandolin, ukulele, acoustic and Keys, Just looking for a good electric

More info is needed.

What type of music do you want to play?
Are you going to want to do gigs with that guitar or just at home?
Do you want it to be FR?
24 frets?
EMG, SD pickups?
Quote by ProjectNemesis
More info is needed.

What type of music do you want to play?
Are you going to want to do gigs with that guitar or just at home?
Do you want it to be FR?
24 frets?
EMG, SD pickups?

I play very small school gigs as backup to friends anything from Queen to GNR to Bring me to the Horizon
No FR is not needed
22 frets seems to be enough
Aren't the taxes in ireland kinda crazy? Just figure that in, everyone that's throwing down these $300 guitars.
don't think they're any crazier than anywhere else in europe, though i could be wrong.

regardless if he buys from thomann or somewhere like that (anywhere within the EU) there should be no additional taxes to pay.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?