I've recently agreed to teach a girl I'm getting to know (she's very hot and has to come over to my place in order to practice) to play drums. Well, problem is I'm no drummer, but I can play drums fairly well. Question is: Where should I begin?
She's an absolute beginner, but she can keep a steady tempo quite good, especially regarding her level of knowledge on the instrument.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
"I'm no drummer, but I can play the drums fairly well"
Check out my band Disturbed
Try to teach her a hard song so it takes forever so you can be one step ahead and learn off someone who can play drums
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
just stay 1 step ahead of the person at all times...

been teaching music theory for the last 2 months now at some institute... first time i taught the subject, i was literally just 1 page ahead of the students myself... was almost as clueless as them... but now after a 2 batches, it all actually makes total sense to me...

you'll actually improve as a drummer by teaching the instrument... well as long as you're only banging the drums and you know.. nothing else.
Thanks a lot. =)

And no, she isn't paying at all. I'm kinda just trying to get to know her better so it'll eventualy lead further and then she'll start paying me good.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Make sure you teach her how to hold the stick properly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Teach her with sheet music. Write some yourself too. It can be extremely helpful at certain stages of learning drums.

It also means she can take the music away and practice the rhythms without a kit.

Remember to teach technique also. Left hand (snare) stick stays close to the drum skin when you're not striking, not 2 feet up in the air. That'll make ghost notes easier to grasp later on.
Mate she aint coming over just so she can learn bongos. Are you that dense
Sail upon the open skies
Start with the rudiments and the simple AC/DC beat, then move on.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Try to teach her a hard song so it takes forever so you can be one step ahead and learn off someone who can play drums

Dance of Eternity sounds great!
Start banging nice and slow so she can get the hang of gripping the stick and the various strokes you can do on the head.
Quote by angusfan16

This
Quote by angusfan16

^

Definitely this.

Unless she's a lesbian..
The only female drummers i know are all lesbians (i know 3 lesbian female drummers).
Quote by vayne92
^

Definitely this.

Unless she's a lesbian..
The only female drummers i know are all lesbians (i know 3 lesbian female drummers).

I know two straight girls who are drummers but they ugly af
banned
x---x---x---x---
----o--------o--
-----------------
o-------o-------

I can do the drums
Quote by henrihell
I've recently agreed to teach a girl I'm getting to know (she's very hot and has to come over to my place in order to practice) to play drums.

Uh huh.

Well, problem is I'm no drummer, but I can play drums fairly well. Question is: Where should I begin?

Ah.

She's an absolute beginner, but she can keep a steady tempo quite good...

Go on...

...especially regarding her level of knowledge on 'the instrument'

Artistic license has been taken and applied to some aspects of the quoted text. Disarm Goliath, is not responsible for any misinterpretations that may occur as a result of inferred hidden meaning(s) and any potential legal ramifications that the original poster may incur. All rights reserved, (c) 2014.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.