I just picked up a BC Rich NJ Classic Series Classic Heritage Mockingbird and I'm a little confused, all the ones I see that sold new don't say NJ Classic Series on the headstock, otherwise it seems to be the exact same. Gorgeous bass, dat neck-thru, dat flame...dat top heaviness. But yeah, just looking for some info about it, how much it's worth, etc. The newer ones seem to retail at $800

No, that Samick isn't mine, this is a pic the previous owner took.

Last edited by Velcro Man at Apr 5, 2014,
no idea but that's really nice I love mockingbirds, I have a guitar version (and it's neck-heavy too )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, seems like the bass has the same size body, so it's really bad on the bass version >_>
B.C. Rich sometimes changes the designations on their instruments; particularly if they expand a particular product line. Your bass is now designated the "B.C. Rich Heritage Classic Mockingbird Bass." It is currently their top-of-the-line production bass with a Mockingbird shape, as they do not list the Mockingbird ST anymore). Your bass has a neck-through design, maple neck, ebony fretboard with "Cloud" inlays, and a quilted maple veneer over a Nato (a type of mahogany) body.

It is a nicely made bass, though many people complain that it is prone to neck diving (like a great many other basses on the market today). Personally, the only thing I would ever do to that bass is - maybe - swap out the pickups for a set with a little more "punch," but many people like them just as they are. I have not seen them listed in stores new for a while; they probably sell for around US$700.00 to $800.00, but that is just a guess.

HNBD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Apr 6, 2014,
Quote by Velcro Man
Well, seems like the bass has the same size body, so it's really bad on the bass version >_>

good point
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Someone offered me a Japanese made NJ mockingbird guitar and an epiphone dot...this might not remain for long >.>