Page 1 of 2
Hey guys i'm looking for a Decent Distortion Pedal Within the 100$ or Below range Right now i have a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone and lets just say i don't like the sound of bees and no matter how much i cut the High and the Gain those Bees just wont go away But if you guys have any suggestion on a Decent Pedal that can Get me tones from most the eras of metal i'll appreciate it Thanks

My Gear

-Bill Lawraence L500XL Bridge (Bill & Becky Model)
-Randall RH100 G2
-Schecter Gryphon
-Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
-Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Assuming you're using that RH100 in your sig, just get a TS9 or used TS808. Then use the crunched channel on your amp along with the TS9/808 as a clean boost (max volume, no distortion) to get a sweet, actually useable distortion tone. EQ with your amp's knobs to liking.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i think i owned one of those, is that the one with the single 12AX7?

if it was, it wasn't actually that bad. i had a friend who has the model before the one i am talking about. IMO mine sounded better. he would have told you the same thing.

bet its been at least 6+ years ago. i sold the one i had probably 4 years ago.

i am not sure why you would want a distortion pedal for it? i doubt its OD friendly. the dirt would be better than any $100 distortion. if you wanted to spend a bit, a wampler or one of the new bogner pedals (unfortunately i haven't tried one out yet).

but they are way out of range.

good 'distortions' fetch quite a bit for some reason.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think i owned one of those, is that the one with the single 12AX7?

if it was, it wasn't actually that bad. i had a friend who has the model before the one i am talking about. IMO mine sounded better. he would have told you the same thing.

bet its been at least 6+ years ago. i sold the one i had probably 4 years ago.

i am not sure why you would want a distortion pedal for it? i doubt its OD friendly. the dirt would be better than any $100 distortion. if you wanted to spend a bit, a wampler or one of the new bogner pedals (unfortunately i haven't tried one out yet).

but they are way out of range.

good 'distortions' fetch quite a bit for some reason.

I don't know what you mean by Ax7s but the distortion on the amp just doesn't feel full enough everything comes out to sh*t it seems I want something good for thrash and death metal should I get an OD pedal to run with my amps distorted channel? Or whats the most inexpensive way to get a machine gunny tone like that packs a punch that's what's lacking in my in amps distortion.
Last edited by thrashhabbit666 at Apr 6, 2014,
If you want a metal distortion pedal that destroys the universe, can definitely recommend the MXR Fullbore Metal. Massive setting possibilities, sounds really good imo, and also has a noise gate. Personally I prefer a sort of modern, heavy-as-**** sound with massive lows (which it does great), but while experimenting I got lots of results, at one point I swear it sounded like '80s Metallica.
Quote by thrashhabbit666
I don't know what you mean by Ax7s but the distortion on the amp just doesn't feel full enough everything comes out to sh*t it seems I want something good for thrash and death metal should I get an OD pedal to run with my amps distorted channel? Or whats the most inexpensive way to get a machine gunny tone like that packs a punch that's what's lacking in my in amps distortion.

A 12AX7 is a type of preamp tube. He thinks your amp is a valvestate (i.e. Has a tube preamp and a solid state power amp or vice versa). After some investigating it seems your amp is all solid state.

Anyway, exactly what I said before. A Tube Screamer or clone of one with your amps high gain channel (probably the "Modern Randall Hi-Gain" as opposed to the "Classic Brit Hi-Gain")

I also cannot recommend this YouTube video enough. Basically everything I said but with visuals and better explanation.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheLiberation
If you want a metal distortion pedal that destroys the universe, can definitely recommend the MXR Fullbore Metal.

Oh, God no.

TS clearly said "i don't like the sound of bees". The MXR Fullbore Metal sounds precisely like a tin can full of raging bees.

Quote by TheStig1214
I also cannot recommend this YouTube video enough. Basically everything I said but with visuals and better explanation.

That video is very recommendable for beginners, as it is the other one you posted along with it in another thread, the one about getting the best tone out of your existing rig.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Apr 6, 2014,
If I remember correctly on those you could cut or boost mid. Sometimes it help but it also depends on the type of amp you got. If your looking for the 80's style shred sound that is one of the better pedals to have. If you want a overall metal sound rather then go for a multi effects pedal. they cost a bit and they have the tendency to sound a bit digital.
Quote by Linkerman

That video is very recommendable for beginners, as it is the other one you posted along with it in another thread, the one about getting the best tone out of your existing rig.

Thank you. But even some advanced players are guilty of some of that stuff. Like my friend who'd played for 3 years and is already better than me playing for 10. He would max out his guitar volume (with EMGs, so much icepick) and run the Super OD into the clean channel. I told him how to do it right and he loves it better than his "ultimate shred tone" he was using when I met him.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
But even some advanced players are guilty of some of that stuff.

some... try most.... if you look at most of the albums coming out now.. they lack originality in tone... and these are the "pros" doing this... everyone is just an extension of meshuggah now..
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 6, 2014,
Use the amp itself??? Maybe an eq pedal might help.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Apr 6, 2014,
Quote by The SoundGuy
some... try most.... if you look at most of the albums coming out now.. they lack originality in tone... and these are the "pros" doing this... everyone is just an extension of meshuggah now..

Oi! Meshuggah is amazing! But yeah I can see what you mean. It's kind of hard to make an original tone if everyone uses the same stuff, however. If you think about it, every metal tone is just a Dual or Tri Rec, 5150 or 6505 of some sort (even if it's a model of one) with a tube screamer or TS clone in front of it.

Just like every crunch tone is (basically) based off a Marshall Plexi and every clean is (basically) based off a Fender Dual/Super Reverb.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Oi! Meshuggah is amazing! But yeah I can see what you mean. It's kind of hard to make an original tone if everyone uses the same stuff, however. If you think about it, every metal tone is just a Dual or Tri Rec, 5150 or 6505 of some sort (even if it's a model of one) with a tube screamer or TS clone in front of it.

Just like every crunch tone is (basically) based off a Marshall Plexi and every clean is (basically) based off a Fender Dual/Super Reverb.

yes agreed, MESHUGGAH are amazing.... but not the 100s of bands ripping em off
i see you're a Djentleman, so i wont dig further into this

i think most of those Mesa dudes are noobs...
dont get me wrong, even non- noobs use em... but the noobs are the ones always only talking/dreaming about mesa without even knowing the sound... coz they dont know much past it.
i say this coz i remember my noob days, i thought having a mesa triple rec would give me a dream tone... no offence to noobs, u gotta start somewhere.. but yeah after a while you start thinking differently.

oh i completely diverted from what i wanted to say and rambled on...
it seems now the new bands just wanna stick to the "right formula"
which gave the previous band success, rather than try something new/different out..
Last edited by The SoundGuy at Apr 6, 2014,
Seriously, wander over to the Wampler Pedals site and listen to a few of their pedal videos.
Quote by The SoundGuy
yes agreed, MESHUGGAH are amazing.... but not the 100s of bands ripping em off
i see you're a Djentleman, so i wont dig further into this

i think most of those Mesa dudes are noobs...
dont get me wrong, even non- noobs use em... but the noobs are the ones always only talking/dreaming about mesa without even knowing the sound... coz they dont know much past it.
i say this coz i remember my noob days, i thought having a mesa triple rec would give me a dream tone... no offence to noobs, u gotta start somewhere.. but yeah after a while you start thinking differently.

oh i completely diverted from what i wanted to say and rambled on...
it seems now the new bands just wanna stick to the "right formula"
which gave the previous band success, rather than try something new/different out..

I'll admit I like Periphery, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders. That's about as Djent as I get. I don't consider Emmure, After the Burial ect. "Djent", that's more like Djent-core. I hate those bands who buy 8 and 9 strings, chug the bottom string and call it djent.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I'll admit I like Periphery, TesseracT and Animals as Leaders. That's about as Djent as I get. I don't consider Emmure, After the Burial ect. "Djent", that's more like Djent-core. I hate those bands who buy 8 and 9 strings, chug the bottom string and call it djent.

emmure is djent now?? didnt know that niggs changing like the seasons

i remember hearing a track of theirs like 5 years ago.. before djent was djent... and even then i didnt like it... think it was deathcore before...

a lot of these american tech death/deathcore bands... some good ones too unfortunately... turned to that djen-djen stuff... the faceless --- love the Akeldama album... HATE the new stuff --- then Born Of Osiris -- these guys started off before the whole djent thing... but then when that became popular they swayed towards it... WEAK.
Last edited by The SoundGuy at Apr 6, 2014,
Quote by Linkerman
Oh, God no.

TS clearly said "i don't like the sound of bees". The MXR Fullbore Metal sounds precisely like a tin can full of raging bees.

Meaning? The noise gate gets rid of most random noise. If you mean the actual sound of the pedal, you must have heard it set _really_ badly.

(and looking at how overwhelmingly positive are the reviews/ratings on UG I guess it's not just me)
Quote by TheLiberation
Meaning? The noise gate gets rid of most random noise. If you mean the actual sound of the pedal, you must have heard it set _really_ badly.

I wasn't talking about random noise. It's the character of the Fullbore's distortion that i find displeasing. And i do know how to properly set up pedals and amps.

The Fullbore is a mediocre distortion pedal at best; there are far better options.

Quote by TheLiberation
(and looking at how overwhelmingly positive are the reviews/ratings on UG I guess it's not just me)

Most of them are by newbies (just like you, i assume) who still haven't developed an ear for the detail and subtleties of good tone.

Just the other day, i re-read the first review i wrote for UG, back when i joined. At first i cringed, then i started laughing at my own ignorance at the time.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Oh ok, instant jumping to (ridiculous) conclusions, and deciding that 80 or something ratings + reviews are all by newbies who can't tell a good tone. Plus the fact that it's used by several very experienced musicians (which is how I heard about it in the first place).

Man, your logic is plain flawless.

Anyway, I'll let the OP decide who makes more sense here (and for some reason I'm pretty sure what the outcome will be).
Quote by TheLiberation
Oh ok, instant jumping to (ridiculous) conclusions, and deciding that 80 or something ratings + reviews are all by newbies who can't tell a good tone. Plus the fact that it's used by several very experienced musicians (which is how I heard about it in the first place).

Anyway, I'll let the OP decide who makes more sense here (and for some reason I'm pretty sure what the outcome will be).

Btw Thanks Everyone for the suggestions and I'll check out more about the mxr metalbore pedal it seems that that pedal as well sounds like bees :p but I only watched like 2 demos of it so I'll give another go around.
Quote by TheLiberation

damn we get more disrespectful arrogant idiots on here every day.

if you read a review in a magazine, throw it away. its paid.

if you go on musicians friend, most of them probably know names of thing and buy it and don't realize until their ear is not developed. then someday they decide they want something decent.

the other factor is the honelymoon period. they are happy for a while than then you get used to it, you see strength and weakness.

and what do pros use? likely not what you see, and a lot of modded pedals and amps. its money from manufacturers. if i was paid $200k USD to use something i would sure use the shell, but then their tech probably mods some.

talk to moltar, talk to greeny23, gumbilicious, cathbard,, 311, and tenesseefootballfan (moderator) and myself (if i missed one of you sorry) probably know a lot more.

i teach, gig, have led open mic's and have builit a guitar, i have built two amps plus modding one. i have owned over 60 guitars and now am in the low 20 range. i have a decent amp selection from boutique amps, and a few vintage as well.

i know of one person on here who owns probably $10,000 in PEDALS alone. some own $6+
guitars, and play $5000 amps.

we know what we are talking about it.

NOW where do you fall in? the learning process, and you will buy and sell things and change over time. your ear isn't developed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
thrashhabbit666 - i apologize if i misdirected your thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I've found most reviews to be pointless. They're mostly shills and people that have just bought the thing. If I see a review where the guy says, "I've owned this thing for many years and here's my opinion." I may listen to him until he starts to spout nonsense. Otherwise i take them with a grain of salt.
Case in point. If you went by reviews, you'd think a Marshall MG is actually a pretty decent amp instead of the steaming pile of crap that it actually is.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by TheLiberation

Kind of full of your opinion uh?

I've owned a pretty full amount of metal amps and pedals. MT-2 was my first years ago. It sucked and so have pretty much all pedals for metal. Some may sound decent but are equivalent to an SS amp. If it's your sort of thing great, be happy save yourself some $$$$.

Have you read reviews of MT-2?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-MT-2-Metal-Zone-Effects-Pedal-100020358-i1124483.gc

5 stars... wow. I like to read a bunch of review comments and judge the persons merit based of what they write and not the average stars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
damn we get more disrespectful arrogant idiots on here every day.

First, I'm not an idiot. Second, I don't see any reasons for respect here, for reasons which will be below. Third, you don't see the irony here, do you?

I just kindly wrote my opinion, explaining why I like it (and I've been using it for a longer while now). Before this thread, I had heard and read _only_ positive opinions about the pedal, in the Internet and "irl", in addition to my own very good experience with it, and I got a post which just called everyone praising it newbies (based on zero evidence at all) with zero argumentation whatsoever.

Several posts later, none of you have posted any arguments as to why it's not a good pedal, instead trying really hard to prove that you're an authority. First, you're anonymous forum users so no, you're not an authority, no matter how hard you may try to inflate your ego, as you have zero proof for your claims. Second, even if you actually are experienced guitarists (which I don't deny that it is possible) your opinions are still only opinions, and there are lots of famous musicians whose tone in my opinion sounds crap (while some whose music I enjoy very much DO use the Fullbore), so I don't see why I would want to follow their example for my own sound, and the same applies to you. Third, the odds are overwhelmingly against you as you see on the very site you're writing on. And unlike all of you, the reviewers did bother to post actual details as to what makes the pedal good (and the possible, but pretty few, downsides).

Fourth and the most important, my original post in this thread still contains more argumentation than all of yours put together. Which means I don't see any reason whatsoever to take your opinions seriously, because if I don't get to test gear myself, I need detailed description and arguments. Sorry but I don't even have a clue how "buzzing bees" is supposed to describe a distortion pedal, I'd rather think of an elephant or angry crocodile for comparison.

If you want respect (which I do always have for people, especially in matters where I do not consider myself an expert in any way and know I still have much to learn), behaving in an arrogant, egoistic, self-centered way like what you did in this thread is the easiest way to lose it immediately. And calling me arrogant or disrespectful just because I reacted in the same way which you treated me, is simple hypocrisy and sorry, but is just plain pathetic.

To the OP: not sure if you end up liking it or not - you mentioned thrash and death and that's the first two things that come to my mind in case of the Fullbore, just thought I'd mention it because I'm pretty sure it's a strong option in those two genres. There's lots of videos so just listen to them I guess. And sorry for derailing the thread a bit.

That's all from me in this thread.
Last edited by TheLiberation at Apr 7, 2014,
As far as pedals. Anybody use a straight 6 yet?

Also as far as this site goes.

1. If you bring up things that the majority of tin hat dudes disagree with they will call for backup and gang up on you even if their opinions have no real facts to back tthem up. As you see what happened here.

2.I don't know how a "rewiew site" can remain subjective or unbiased when the alsosell stuff like this one. It seems to me a lot of people here may work for some of these ccompanies.

3. Most of the people here still live in mommies basement. Or have no real life and need to waste time here to feel important.

4. I joined because after reading some reviews I felt this place is full of dumbasses and needed a chalange.....but most of those are the guys who run the place so its a waste of time debating things here.
What the hell!!!
Sorry for misspelled words....posting from phone.

This place is full of noons,trolls and people who think they know it all and don't.

I come here for laughs.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Apr 7, 2014,
Go ahead liberation, start naming some "famous musicians" that use the fullbore. I love a lot of MXR stuff, but the fullbore is crap, and yes I've spent quite a bit of time with it and his amp will sound better on its own than anything the fullbore can do. You are more than welcome to your opinion, but I don't consider it any where above the MT2 and not even close to OP's amp in sound quality so it would be a waste of money IMO (and most other users on here that actually have years of experience gigging and working with how sound works in a mix, and have owned and used quality gear extensively).
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Alright, let me give it a try.

TS, I think the Fullbore Metal pedal does not sound very good for these reasons:
1. Piss-poor articulation
2. Fizzy/grainy sound
3. "Lifeless" tone, it isn't very responsive to subtle changes in guitar volume, picking dynamics, etc.

There. Specific examples of why the Fullbore sucks. TS, I am giving you my opinion now, which I consider experienced because I have owned many different pieces of gear, I have been playing for 10+ years (I forget exactly), and I have played with a few groups and surround myself with gigging musicians with a similar interest in gear.

TS, what I would recommend is trying an overdrive (a Tubescreamer-type) on the dirty channel of the Randall, max volume, min dirt/distortion, with tone set to taste. I have owned an RH200, this is what I found to work for me when looking for a good metal tone. You may also keep in mind that the amp itself needs a healthy amount of mid-range to keep it clear and articulate, so don't scoop those mids!

To Danvwman, we changed the name of the thread now actually, though we do talk about some tin-foil hat stuff from time to time still. Conspiracy theories are such fun topics.

To TheLiberation, by your logic no one is an "authority" (whatever in the **** THAT'S supposed to mean), we are all just posting our opinions. Even if these pro-musicians you keep citing ARE using this pedal, they are only expressing an opinion on a highly subjective matter. As far as none of us being able to prove that we own the gear we do/did, we actually did it one time: everyone took a picture of themselves with a code word written on a piece of paper to show that it was their picture, and they showed their gear in the picture. Surprise surprise, the regulars here actually owned the gear they were talking about. Furthermore, it isn't worth it to lie about it on the Internet. What do stand to gain by lying? We convince this dude to not buy the pedal?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by danvwman

1. If you bring up things that the majority of tin hat dudes disagree with they will call for backup and gang up on you even if their opinions have no real facts to back tthem up. As you see what happened here.

2.I don't know how a "rewiew site" can remain subjective or unbiased when the alsosell stuff like this one. It seems to me a lot of people here may work for some of these ccompanies.

3. Most of the people here still live in mommies basement. Or have no real life and need to waste time here to feel important.

4. I joined because after reading some reviews I felt this place is full of dumbasses and needed a chalange.....but most of those are the guys who run the place so its a waste of time debating things here.

Well if you're on his side, that's all credibility shot to hell.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by danvwman

You must be a pathetic miserable person to frequent a forum you think so low of.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Apr 7, 2014,
This thread:

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheLiberation
First, I'm not an idiot.

Then you should be careful about what you say (or write, i this case) and about how you treat other people.

Quote by TheLiberation
Second, I don't see any reasons for respect here, for reasons which will be below.

Hmmm, i don't know. Maybe because no one was being disrespectful to you...?

Quote by TheLiberation
Third, you don't see the irony here, do you?

I don't see irony, just a joke. Hint: it's not me.

Quote by TheLiberation
I just kindly wrote my opinion, explaining why I like it (and I've been using it for a longer while now). Before this thread, I had heard and read _only_ positive opinions about the pedal, in the Internet and "irl", in addition to my own very good experience with it, and I got a post which just called everyone praising it newbies (based on zero evidence at all) with zero argumentation whatsoever.

I think i explained my argumentation pretty clearly. If you didn't get it, ok, it was my fault for assuming i was talking to an inteligent person -- which, based on your replies, clearly isn't the case here. (See? I also know how to be arrogant and disrespectful when i want to )

So here it goes, so you can try and make an effort to understand:
The Fullbore's distortion is pretty dull and lifeless. It's too grainy and fizzy, a.k.a. "sounds like a can of bees" (a very common expression, as TS acknowledged by using it on the OP). It lacks depth and definition.
And it's the same in different amps, with different guitars. Since the issue follows the pedal, the problem is definitely the pedal.
That makes the pedal a bad distortion pedal, and a bad purchase. Especially considering how vast the effect pedals market is, and how many different options are available out there.

Going from my own growth experience, which i gave you an example of, it's easy to assume that, just like i used to love some pieces of equipment that now i realize how bad they sound (like the Boss ML-2 Metal Core, to give another example), many of the reviews you read were from people who bought the Fullbore while beginners and/or people in the "honeymoon period".
Others may have bought it due to recommendations from music store employees, who sometimes are really bad at their job, and are doing a disservice to their customers by selling them absolute crap, and telling them it's the best thing ever.

I can find you thousands of reviews saying that a certain product is great. That doesn't make it great.

Quote by TheLiberation
(...)

About the rest of the stuff you said, i won't repeat what others already said.

I'll only add this: instead of acting like an annoyed brat when someone disaggreed with you, just seize the opportunity to learn from some incredibly knowledgeable folks.
And i'm not talking about myself here -- i'm talking about people like Cathbard, thrashedlostup, gregs, Dave_Mc, Steven_Seagull, greeny23... People who i keep learning new stuff from almost every day.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by danvwman

TS has a Randall RG100. If he can't dial that in for metal a pedal will just sound like ass no mater how he tries it.

TS- what are your amp settings? I really want to know where your mids are and where your gain knob is? Thanks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Page 1 of 2