My family and friends always compliment my singing voice before my guitar playing. I grew up thinking my voice sounded like a dying whale. So, my question is this: Do I have a good voice or are they just being nice? They always bring it up so it can't be what I'm hearing.
well, if you could post a audio sample we could comment objectively... you usually hear yourself differently than others hear you...
F*ck Chuck Norris ... SpongeBob grills under water
^ +1

cant say without hearing it.

also a quick note on that... when i write a song.. i have an idea of how i want the vocals to go...
say for example... i'll have a part, where i'd like the vocals to sound like nirvana lets say and i have that idea in mind... but when i actually sing the part, my voice is nothing like kurts, although i give it a grungy feel, i have a different voice quality.. so its different... so due to my preconception of the idea... and my execution of it being a bit different, i sometimes feel the voice is actually not up to par, coz its not the way i imagined it... which sometimes makes me feel that its not good... u know what i mean?

so it might not be that your voice isnt good.. it could just be that you're not hearing what you expect to hear.. so you feel its not as good as you thought....

deep shit ... BRAH.
Last edited by The SoundGuy at Apr 6, 2014,
That's true. That would be like trying to sing like Aaron Lewis or Tom Waits. Those are unique voices that are tough to emulate. And I'll pass on the audio sample since I just took up playing the guitar and singing but I think as I learn more I'll have to start posting myself on YouTube or something. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, but did you just ask us if you were a good singer, and then refuse to post an audio sample? Because I could have sworn that that's what you did.
Quote by innovine
Sorry, but did you just ask us if you were a good singer, and then refuse to post an audio sample? Because I could have sworn that that's what you did.