Hello,
Im looking to replace my current amp, a Vox VT50 with a tube amp. Thing is, Im having a hard time deciding which to get or what would be suitable to my needs.

I play a 69 reissue Mustang, a MIM Strat and Classic Player Jag Special with Dimarzio humbuckers.

Amps I've been looking at are the Marshall dsl15c and Fender Blues Junior iii
The amp needs to accept padels well as i'll mainly be using it clean with pedals for dirt.

The amp would be mainly used for bedroom practice.

Ive not had a chance to try either amp yet so just looking for your opinions on each or recommendations for other amps to look at.

Want to spend around the £500 mark, under if possible

Thanks
Peavey Classic 30
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Peavey Classic 30

Thanks for the suggestion but wouldn't that be too loud for bedroom use?
so will a dsl15 or blues junior if you want to crank them

if you're only using it clean with pedals volume shouldn't matter that much.

it also depends on what you mean by "bedroom use". if you have to play at whisper volume all the time you might need to rethink the tube thing. if you can get it up to loud TV volume or even slightly higher then tube (IMO anyway) is fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I say dsl 15, the classic 30 didn't have enough balls for me when I used it.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I thought the DSL15 was pretty bad. The C30 was much ballsier. Jet City is worth a look, as well as JCM2000s. The combos are pretty cheap over there IIRC?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
yet jet cities are crazy good value in europe on thomann, assuming they're suitable for the tones you want
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It wouldnt have to be whisper quiet. Loud tv volume would be fine and louder when the neighbours are out.
Reason I ask whether a C30 would be too loud is because I did try a Laney LC30 and anything over 2 on the volume started to get too loud.
I have an old Marshall 15w solid sate practice amp that I use occasionally and I can crank that up to about 3 quarter of the volume.
I'll take a look at the Jet City amps.
anything over 2 on the volume on just about any tube amp is going to be too loud. I have 5 watt tube amps and if I want "home practise" volumes I'm still running the volume on like 1- the exact same place I am (more or less, anyway) on a 100 watt tube amp for those same volume levels.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SpudMaster
Thanks for the suggestion but wouldn't that be too loud for bedroom use?
No
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Dave_Mc
anything over 2 on the volume on just about any tube amp is going to be too loud. I have 5 watt tube amps and if I want "home practise" volumes I'm still running the volume on like 1- the exact same place I am (more or less, anyway) on a 100 watt tube amp for those same volume levels.

this. if loud volumes are an issue, maybe it's a better idea to go the POD/headphones route.
He wants it as a clean platform so it doesn't matter. He could just as easily use a Marshall Major.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah. I said that already too

^^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a blues jr. I really like it. I friend sold it to me for 150.00. I like the different vibes the amp makes me play. I know my post isn't much help
The blues jr wont be to loud especially with a boost I get good tube driven distortion at a low volume