Video's private, unless you make it public we can't see it. But simple solution is turn it down, if it's all the way down then turn the guitar down.
You maybe slightly clipped it once in the video? and as I said, the solution to clipping is turn down. If it's still clipping it's not turned down enough.
turn down ur input from the focusrite.

make sure ur on instrument input in the focusrite settings..
maybe even turn down the input all the way to 0.. or like 1 if u cant hear anything at 0

the transients from the heavier picking might be making the inputs distort...

try pick a bit softer... (i heard it only on heavier picking in the vid) ... and if its still there
then yeah its clipping the input coz of the picking... for that all u can do is turn down the input level on the interface.... or the guitar volume
Last edited by The SoundGuy at Apr 6, 2014,
I have 2i2, when I plug my guitar into the instrument input I get clipping even at the lowest gain setting. Then I just use line input. Try that. I also have a bass, with it I don't have that problem, it probably depends on the instrument.
As far as I can tell, you are NOT clipping the input of the Scarlett. Btw, is that your gain knob @ the 10 o'clock position, or thereabouts? Plus I don't see the clipping indicator on your interface lighting up, are you checking your fx chain to ensure you're not clipping the signal along the way...? Gain staging.

I'd assume a red LED when you're clipping the input, not a green lit-up knob that's simply detecting the presence of input. Anyways I doubt your clipping is a result of the Scarlett, and more due in part to improper gain staging.
Last edited by Night at Apr 7, 2014,
The gain control on the 2i2 is strangely calibrated. When I use my Saffire 56 (Firewire) I can plug any instrument into the instrument input with no issues... on the 2i2, one of my basses will clip it on the instrument setting even with the gain as low as it'll go. The bass is active, but the issue occurs even with the electronics bypassed - and as I said, no such problem with any other interface I've used. Just try switching to a line leveling and boosting the gain until you get a strong signal.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Ziphoblat
The gain control on the 2i2 is strangely calibrated. When I use my Saffire 56 (Firewire) I can plug any instrument into the instrument input with no issues... on the 2i2, one of my basses will clip it on the instrument setting even with the gain as low as it'll go. The bass is active, but the issue occurs even with the electronics bypassed - and as I said, no such problem with any other interface I've used. Just try switching to a line leveling and boosting the gain until you get a strong signal.

This is something I've noticed with bus powered audio interfaces in general. The pres on them are current starved and have way less headroom than wall powered interfaces. I noticed this when switching from my Saffire 6 USB to my Saffire Pro 40.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.