I want to build a ridiculous guitar cab.
Ive got an old Line 6 spider II 4x12 im happy to mess around with.

Want to place a smoke machine inside, and drill a hole for the smoke so it comes out in the centre of the 4 speakers.

I then want to have 8 green laser diodes pointed at angles so that they meet at a certain point and then have one central laser diode beam through the 8.

i want all of this controllable via footswitch.

any ideas how to accomplish? Im good with wiring simple circuits, but no idea how to introduce the foot pedal controller.
any ideas or links to components would be great.

also gunna spray the cab to look like the death star...
how do you plan on piping smoke through the center of the speaker? The voice coil is in the center and if you remove it no sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
how do you plan on piping smoke through the center of the speaker? The voice coil is in the center and if you remove it no sound.

I think maybe he means in the middle of all the speakers (so the very centre of the cab??) ...well I hope thats what he means

No idea how to do any of it but it does sound kinda interesting
^ Well that is doable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Telecaster7
Well the lasers wouldn't really converge

that was my only problem with this plan.

otherwise, I really like the idea. I would think that making a new cab would be cool, maybe to fit with the death star motif. Also, for shiggles, throw a 1x10 on top that could oscillate, like a radar dish.

I had an old smoke machine my band used as a stage prop, and it only spewed smoke when you depressed a hand held switch (which was still wired). so im sure you could replace a switch like that, but I'd make sure i was piping the smoke out of the amp, so you didnt get all that excess moisture inside.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.