I know it's a ludicrous notion for a nobody, but I thought of this interesting angle which honestly, if I were a voter, might make me seriously consider a nobody...here it is:

You guarantee that, if elected, you will put your life in office on live camera 24 hours a day. I mean, you may need to make slight exceptions for bathroom, sex or whatever, but you find a way to do this that still guarantees you are not slipping off to discuss affairs of state.

How do you guarantee it? How do people know you won't go in office and then renege? Two ways: First, you invite anyone to assassinate you if you do this, sign an advanced "blank" pardon for whoever does this. Alternatively, you can sign in advance a conditional resignation form which says you resign automatically if you fail to keep this promise. Well, that's off the to of my head. There's also the thought that if this was your whole campaign platform, could you really back out of it without getting immediately impeached? I think not. So, I am not sure I've hit on the best solution for this, but I expect with some time (and maybe top minds working on the problem) better solutions would come to light.

The basic premise is this: More than anything else, Amercians are fed up with not really knowing how the country is run, they suspect corruption, back room deals, or worse conspiracy theories, and they'd LOVE any chance to really get to the bottom of this. Well, the only thing American's love more than that is the notion of having great reality TV. So you right off the bat have two major ways you appeal to the average American. The third notion is this: the problem with government is career politicians who wash each other's back, we truly need a TOTAL outsider to clean things up. In the past,, this has been a good strategy for politicians seeking office to characterize themselves as outsiders, but generally that just means they are outside Washington DC, but they've still been in politics for decades at the state level, so it really is a fiction to call those people outsiders. We need a total non-politician to take over.

I'm happy having my background examined. I mean, I've got skeletons, but no worse than the average person, I think. My education and intelligence are well above average, at least on paper.

Well, the truth is, I could care less if this is me doing this -- I probably would prefer it NOT be me, but I thought of the idea, and am not sure how to find some one else to step up with similar credentials.

We have been sold this lie that some one needs to go to Harvard or Yale or Stanford to be presidential material. But guess what? The wealthiest elite who control government make sure their kids -- even the dumb ones -- go to those schools, so this is really just part of a control mechanism to ensure the elite stay in the power positions. Until the average Americans are able to see through the smoke screen and deception that keeps them electing members of the SAME DAMN FRATERNITY to the presidency every year, as if that is somehow going to clean up the system, or end the conspiracy of control by powerful interests, nothing is going to change.

Yeah, this campaign would be a total long shot, but would 10% of the people support it? 20%? Would it get the people who normally don't vote out to the polls because they really don't vote because they know the two parties are interchangeable and they really want change that is not being offered?

I guess even if it does not win, it would still send a message. We want transparency and an end to the lies, corruption and illusion of a true voice in government.

The obvious "party line" will be that this sort of circus would hurt national security. But if you stack all the "bad" that would result from spilling a few secrets to the rest of the world compared to the "bad" that is happening now, from corruption and back room deals and lies, it seems obvious to me that the balance TOTALLY favors 100% transparency over the current system, even if that means we lose a slight bit of strategic national security advantage. Like, to be honest, who cares? It's not like we are in a world war. If a world war starts, then we can worry about making taking back some transparency through emergency powers if it really seems necessary. But, to be honest, it is not SECRET weapons and troop movements that keep the rest of the world fearing us, it is KNOWN and PUBLICIZED weapons, forces, etc. that show people we are not to be messed with. The whole need for national security is, in my belief, just another lie and propaganda the American people have bought hook, line and sinker, which creates a huge smokescreen allowing all the corruption and conspiracies to exist under this veil of secrecy.

Well, that's my notion. Now let the hating commence.

Ken
Bernie Sanders for President!
You got my vote if you have spaghetti Tuesday on a Wednesday
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by angusfan16
I'll vote for anyone who declares free Taco Tuesdays

Quote by slash_GNR666
You got my vote if you have spaghetti Tuesday on a Wednesday

Bipartisan compromise. This, my friends, is America at its finest.

I have a dream, that one day, Spaghetti and Tacos can live in harmony; and share the same kitchen, the same lunchroom, the same stomach, the same toilet bowl, and the same country that our forefathers once did.

Nugent 2016
Quote by angusfan16
I'll vote for anyone who declares free Taco Tuesdays

Currently watching Orange Is The New Black, related at all?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Skullivan
Bipartisan compromise. This, my friends, is America at its finest.

I have a dream, that one day, Spaghetti and Tacos can live in harmony; and share the same kitchen, the same lunchroom, the same stomach, the same toilet bowl, and the same country that our forefathers once did.

Nugent 2016

you have my vote, good sir.
ayy lmao
Hmmm... I wonder what demographic UG comprises, that these are my responses... Lol...

Ken

p.s. The stop smoking book was a 100% success for me, I was just passing it on, good karma, if people hated on the thread, that's their own issue/karma.
Bernie Sanders for President!
You ****ing commies, where do you think those tacos come from? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by krm27
I know it's a ludicrous notion

It sure was.

Well, the bit I read before I got bored and started playing 'Find the close thread button'
Hey, look. Sigs are back.