Hello. So I'm doing an art project for my class, but the problem is that I'm not too good when it comes to creativity. We're interpreting a chapter into a piece of art and making it in depth. The book is a way book based on the Vietnam war. Long story short, I'm doing it on this chapter of this guy. His name is Norman Bowker. During the war he basically could have saved his friend from drowning in a mud hole but he didn't because he was afraid. He could have also won a silver metal if he had saved him. After returning home he then feels like he can't talk to anyone about the war because of all the guilt. He can't relate to anybody, and many times he contemplates talking to others about what he went through but he changes his mind. He suffered depression because of all this and then hanged himself.

What I was thinking was drawing an outline and all the details of a man's face. And then I want to draw an outline of his bran and what's going on in it, and I want to draw a scene from the Vietnam war (something like a bombing). At the same time in his head I will draw him trying to save the guy but not being able to (hand reaching out in mud). That's all I came up with, but I need more things to draw in it, like the background. Every choice is crucial. Ideas? Thoughts? Advice?
I got a better idea. Draw the man hanging from the rope and the guy he could have saved (who's coming out of a mud pit and covered in mud) pulling him from his legs as if he's either trying to drag him down or trying to get him to stop.
you need more abstraction for this much feeling.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by metaldud536
I got a better idea. Draw the man hanging from the rope and the guy he could have saved (who's coming out of a mud pit and covered in mud) pulling him from his legs as if he's either trying to drag him down or trying to get him to stop.

Wow, that's a freaking awesome idea. What about the background? What should I do? Also, The character also felt out of place. When he returned home from the war, he wasn't "really home". Get what I'm saying? He was, it his mind was still pondering on Vietnam and what had happened. How could I interpret that in there?
Quote by ProjectNemesis
Wow, that's a freaking awesome idea. What about the background? What should I do? Also, The character also felt out of place. When he returned home from the war, he wasn't "really home". Get what I'm saying? He was, it his mind was still pondering on Vietnam and what had happened. How could I interpret that in there?

His room but covered in over growth.

Basically this but crazier. Make it look like a jungle.
Build a sculpture of a man ejaculating into his own mouth with regret carved into his wrists.

Title it, art is stupid.

I'm currently trying to think of a serious answer TS.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 6, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
Build a sculpture of a man ejaculating into his own mouth with regret carved into his wrists.

Title it, art is stupid.

I'm currently trying to think of a serious answer TS.

Take your time. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

Quote by metaldud536
His room but covered in over growth.

Basically this but crazier. Make it look like a jungle.

Genius. See, this is why I can't be an artist. I'm not that creative. This idea is brilliant, though.