I picked this up on Saturday, I won it on eBay for £290. Original hard case with case candy included! I saw the listing on Wednesday, it had obviously been there for some time as the seller had reduced the price from £400 to £380, then £320, then £300. I got it on a best offer.

This has to be one of most ergonomic guitars ever. The way the body curves and the position of the 'belly cut' makes it soooo comfortable to play. The cutaway makes the higher frets ridiculously easy to reach. If you haven't tried an Iceman, I suggest you do. Don't be fooled by the pointy headstock and radical body shape, this guitar can cover all bases, in the right hands.

I already own the STM1 Iceman model, I bought the ICT700 because I love the Iceman design and wanted a hard tail version for down tuning.

You can see my review of the STM1 here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/stm1/index.html

(It says I'm unregistered for some reason but I'm the guy who rated it 8 and posted the review on 26th June 2013, about 8 months after I got it.)

I'm not going to write an entirely new review because lets face it, these are two very similar guitars, right down to the wood construction. The only obvious differences between the two is the bridge, pickups, control layout and headstock.

The ICT700 has Dimarzio D-Activators whereas the STM1 has Dimarzio Evolutions.
The ICT700 has a Gibraltar Custom bridge and a string thru body design, the STM1 has an Edge III trem with a locking nut.
The ICT700 has 1 volume & 1 tone knob controls, the STM1 features only a master volume knob.

As stated in my STM1 review, I like having one volume per pickup, so I had a second volume pot installed between the original pot and the toggle switch, without even realising at the time that I had essentially made the controls the same as the ICT700. This being said, I will probably change the tone pot in the ICT700 for a second volume pot at some point.

In case it wasn't already obvious, I absolutely love these guitars. If anyone has any questions on them I'll try to answer as best I can. Thanks for looking!

Just for the sake of proving I'm not talking out my ass, here's the STM1 (with the added volume control)

both are beautiful guitars and hngd

Almost tempted to ask to buy one from you

too bad ibanez has only ever disappointed me
ayy lmao
Man, I'm sincerely jealous of you for owning one of these, I'm seriously disappointed that the only current production model Iceman is the bloody Sam Totman signature; friggin' tremolos.

HNGD dude!

Quote by chookiecookie
too bad ibanez has only ever disappointed me

Sad to hear man, they've never been anything but great for me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Apr 6, 2014,
Try to ignore the fact that it's a signature model, thats what I did.

I don't give a rats ass about Dragonforce or Sam Totman. I bought the guitar because it plays, feels and looks awesome. And like you said, it's the only option out there for someone who wants an Iceman with a trem. I don't see a signature anywhere on the guitar either.

Both guitars come highly recommended.
Quote by TheAce93
Try to ignore the fact that it's a signature model, thats what I did.

I don't give a rats ass about Dragonforce or Sam Totman. I bought the guitar because it plays, feels and looks awesome. And like you said, it's the only option out there for someone who wants an Iceman with a trem. I don't see a signature anywhere on the guitar either.

Both guitars come highly recommended.

That's the problem, I don't want anything with a trem on it again I have... 2 guitars with trems on them and I never use the trems at all. They're a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That's the problem, I don't want anything with a trem on it again I have... 2 guitars with trems on them and I never use the trems at all. They're a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, I guess I misread your post! I thought you wanted a trem equipped Iceman!

I don't use trems for insane dive bombs or pick squeals, sometimes I just like a nice bit of subtle vibrato on my open notes and chords. I find myself wanting for one if I play a hard tail guitar for too long, then I miss being able to down tune easily so I end up having two almost identical guitars like you've seen here.

If you're not happy with your guitars then sell 'em and buy a new one!
Happy NGD! Iceman brethren.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Sad to hear man, they've never been anything but great for me.

i'd probably try to give one of the higher end models a chance if i had the money/store around here, but all i've played have just been bad ;_;
ayy lmao
Quote by TheAce93
And like you said, it's the only option out there for someone who wants an Iceman with a trem.

Not exactly true. The IC350 had an Edge trem on it. My avatar pic is the IC300, they were essentially the same but with a trem.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Happy NGD! I had an ict700 in black and actually loved the sound of it. However that heel coming out so far, I think ti was around the 12th fret, I didn't like it so sold it.
Quote by TheStig1214
Not exactly true. The IC350 had an Edge trem on it. My avatar pic is the IC300, they were essentially the same but with a trem.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Though it's still not really a viable option if you're someone looking for an Iceman with a trem, they're even rarer than the STM1, and the floyd rose is a 'licensed' model. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I used a floyd rose special for years without much trouble.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
I want the STM1 but I've heard too much shit about the Edge III trem...

Unless you've actually played one, you'll never really know. Aside from a being a pain in the ass to restring, the Edge III has served me well. I don't abuse my trem to the point that it's falling to pieces, in fact it's still in excellent condition aside from some tarnishing (I get very sweaty hands when I play)

Put aside your preconceived notions and try one out for yourself, you might find that you love the guitar and the trem. And if you only love the guitar, the trem is easily replaced!

Quote by HammerParty
Happy NGD! I had an ict700 in black and actually loved the sound of it. However that heel coming out so far, I think ti was around the 12th fret, I didn't like it so sold it.

Ha! I'm a long time Les Paul player... compared the glued in neck joint on my LPs, the Iceman heel is a dream come true.
Last edited by TheAce93 at Apr 7, 2014,
That heel was just the only complaint I had with it. It sustained for days, sounded nice and I tried to look past it. But I play too far up the neck for it to be out that far. But it definitely is a solid guitar.
Thanks dudes!

I've played it a lot today and I'm really digging the punchy clean sounds from the neck pickup. The bridge pickup gets nice and bright cleans too, though it sounds a bit too trebly for my taste when I switch to the gain channel.

I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to keeping my guitars clean and nice looking, so I gave the top a bloody good clean. It now looks good as new.

Those nasty hazy scratches on the horn (see first pic in thread) are now totally gone!

The Guitar Scratch Remover by EternaShine works like magic. I highly recommend it.
Took some better pics yesterday. Sorry whitey, your #1 Iceman spot has been claimed!