Pedal is a Boss GE7. When I turn it on the led barely lights up. Do I just need to replace the led or is there more to this? I've got no problem taking stuff apart and doing soldering but I am pretty much useless with trouble shooting electronics.
Any help is appreciated.
It's probably just the LED itself. LED's are cheap, replace it and see.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you are using a battery make sure it's new. If not try one.

If not if its still dim try the new LED like cathbard suggested.
KIFFLOM
Had the same problem with mine, id check the battery (if your using one) before tearing it apart. easy fix. if that doesn't work just pop in a new LED
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
Just gonna jump in on this quick, My ts9 has a pretty dim light, can I get brighter LED's or would that require messing around with some sort of internal stuff?
You mean do you have to change resistors and shit other than the LED itself? Nah, should be fine. Different coloured LED's do draw different amounts of current but not by enough to be a problem. I'd do it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I guess I left out some info in the original question - pedal is running off of a Voodoo Labs PPII, so a low battery is not the culprit here.
I have not changed the led yet, but this will be the first thing I try.
Swapping the LED will probably do the trick.

If you still want it to be brighter, there should be a current limiting resistor in series with the LED. If you swap it to a lower value, it'll allow more current, and the LED will be brighter.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
True, Kyle - but if it used to be brighter, the LED's on its way out. Bumping up the current will just accelerate its demise.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yes that was a step for after replacing the led.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Update - Y'all were right. Just finished swapping in a new LED and it looks like I will actually be able to tell when this pedal is on or off again. $0.98 fix, plus it gave me a reason to get a solder sucker.

Thank you.