as stated in the title i want something full range, either for my synth or digital piano. or just something to plug a mic into if somebody wants to do vocals.

i am looking for something pretty damn loud. i have no idea which brand would go for, but i don't want to spend a ton. USED only.

i don't know what speaker size would be or what brand to go with.

i would also see if i could arrange jacks (may need an end adapter but not a big deal) to play music in the backround over a louder amp.

i have a 200 watt bass amp Genz Benz M-Line 2x10"+tweeter for that (not sure if i could consider a bigger one) that is separate deal, but just to note.

(i am finalizing the deal on my new yamaha upright tomorrow so thats obviously not related )
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Actually, the Yamaha powered PA bins are pretty nice and not overpriced. For keyboards, the 15" two ways are the way to go, no question.

But if you've got the cash on hand - JBL.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Actually, the Yamaha powered PA bins are pretty nice and not overpriced. For keyboards, the 15" two ways are the way to go, no question.

as stupid as this sounds. could you link me to one? so i am on the same page.

would 15" be OK with the higher register on the piano? or i suppose thats where the tweeter (?) would come in?

PA stuff is probably the thing i know least about. so more the better as far as guidance.

thanks cath.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/yamaha-dxr15-15-active-speaker?condition=used

Yeah, the tweeter looks after that. Piano is what benefits the most by the big woofer. Midrange is easy, top end is the tweeter; but when you get way down to the left of the keyboard, that's where smaller speakers just stop sounding like a piano and get all wimpy and unsatisfying.
I run mine through 15" JBL loaded bins with a big arsed STK PA power amp. Even average piano patches kick arse if you do that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Mind not to buy JBL stuff if you don't have the cash on hand.
I've tried a pair of ION 10 G2 or something called in a similar way, and I wasn't impressed at all.

If ya ask me, if you have lotsa money go for a pair of k-array's.
For the bang/buck ratio, I suggest looking into big mackie stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
EON10 G2?
Yeah, they're toys. You gotta get their big stuff.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't know if you need a 15" speaker for keyboard. A lot of the keys players around here use 10" and 12" as their rig monitors. These are in live situations though -- maybe the subs PA mains makes up the difference.

For powered boxes, I really like the QSC K series. I could see a K12 working very nicely, and you can pick them up for around $500-600 used. If you can't swing that, Electro-voice makes the EV ELX112P that is also very nice, but not quite as pricy. You could probably find one of those used sub $500.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Have you seen trashed's amp wall? He aint gonna be happy with some "also ran" baby PA bin.
Although, the EV is very nice. I still stand by that if you want really satisfying bottom end for piano sounds, bigger is better. 15" EV's - now you're talking.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 7, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
Have you seen trashed's amp wall? He aint gonna be happy with some "also ran" baby PA bin.
Although, the EV is very nice. I still stand by that if you want really satisfying bottom end for piano sounds, bigger is better. 15" EV's - now you're talking.

haha. you asked.

i have a room in another house i own with a few more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
JBL EON 15s or Mackie SRM450s would fill out your keys nicely and get you into 125db territory. Expect to find them around $400ea used in like new condition.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
thanks to everyone. i will do some looking, but i am more planning. i wont get it for a while, because i just bought a Yamaha vertical piano so music funds are down ATM as you probably imagine.

but i do have the cash to pull if the deal of the month i see something decent and reasonable on CL i could probably pick one up.killer deal (verified by you guys) and could stretch it in, but i would like to wait for a few weeks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!