Hi all,

I have recently got an acoustic guitar, and am about 3 weeks into learning. I can play about four chords at the moment, and have mainly been using Free Fallin by Tom Petty to start learning.

Can anyone suggest any other good, easy, songs for a beginner to learn?

Thanks,
Carl.
hey Carl, and welcome in. first off, what kind of music do you normally listen to? recommending a song for you doesn't really help if you don't like it. that makes it harder to learn as you dont "feel it".
marty schwartz and justinguitar on you tube have some excellent beginner lessons/songs that should help you happily on your way.
what brand/model guitar are you learning on?
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Last edited by stepchildusmc at Apr 7, 2014,
Quote by stepchildusmc
hey Carl, and welcome in. first off, what kind of music do you normally listen to? recommending a song for you doesn't really help if you don't like it. that makes it harder to learn as you dont "feel it".
marty schwartz and justinguitar on you tube have some excellent beginner lessons/songs that should help you happily on your way.
what brand/model guitar are you learning on?

Im learning on a Washburn Lakeside. Im generally been into indie type music, Im from the oasis/blur era I guess! I will check out marty schwartz and justinguitar on you tube.
Quote by 147ukchap
Im learning on a Washburn Lakeside. Im generally been into indie type music, Im from the oasis/blur era I guess! I will check out marty schwartz and justinguitar on you tube.

A lot of Oasis songs are really easy to play acoustically. Youtube 'Georgiarose16' and watch how he plays them
The songs that i like the most to play with an acoustic guitar are the ones that are easy to play and sing at the same time. Here's a list of some of the songs my friends ask me to play more often, in case you want to try:

Pearl Jam - Black, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
Foo Fighters - Everlong, Wheels
Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole, No Excuses
Nirvana - Polly
Soundgarden - Blow Up The Outside World
Opeth - Harvest
Placebo - Meds
Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
Sublime - Wrong Way
The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
[quote="147ukchap...[ "].... and have mainly been using Free Fallin by Tom Petty to start learning....[ ].....I'm not exactly sure what to tell you TO play, but I kinda think if you're not a pretty high tenor, and you don't have a 12 string, Tom Petty's stuff might prove a little frustrating.

If that sort of jangle appeals to you, try rounding up a copy of, "The Byrds Greatest Hits" (Vol. 1). You quickly learn where Petty copped a few of his chops.

Although, in spite of the fact it's a 12 string song, Pink Floyd's, "Wish you Were Here", has always been a favorite strum along. And...., David Gilmour's a baritone to boot.

(The chords include, G, D, C, Am, Em, with an A thrown in for good measure).

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/p/pink_floyd/wish_you_were_here_crd.htm
Last edited by Captaincranky at Apr 8, 2014,