Really beautiful composition! The only part I wasn't a big fan of was past the minute and a half mark the chugs get kind of old, but that's probably just me, I'm not big on chugs to begin with. I enjoyed the amount of change ups, enough to keep it interesting
Last edited by geigercou1 at Apr 7, 2014,
Not a bad composition, reminds me of Nightwish with some power metal elements. It's a little too ambient for my tastes, but if it was on the radio I wouldn't change it.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1639689
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Hey, overall good.
I felt like at minute 4, however, where the music stops that it was like a "drop" from dubstep. I really think that's when the music should have exploded, however, it kept the slow pace after that point.
If this song is in the context of a rock opera layout, however, I don't know how it fits into the other parts of the opera and thus I could totally be wrong.
I give it a 7/10. Good job, man!
Quote by geigercou1
Really beautiful composition! The only part I wasn't a big fan of was past the minute and a half mark the chugs get kind of old, but that's probably just me, I'm not big on chugs to begin with. I enjoyed the amount of change ups, enough to keep it interesting

I did think about cutting the intro a bit shorter but decided to leave it as it was!

It was basically 4 ideas thrown together as one song but I think it turned out ok
Quote by Lovecannon
Not a bad composition, reminds me of Nightwish with some power metal elements. It's a little too ambient for my tastes, but if it was on the radio I wouldn't change it.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1639689

hey man, Nightwish are one of my fav bands so pleased you could hear them in my music a bit I usually write hard rocking tunes so I was happy to bring the volume down on this one
Quote by DtNS
Hey, overall good.
I felt like at minute 4, however, where the music stops that it was like a "drop" from dubstep. I really think that's when the music should have exploded, however, it kept the slow pace after that point.
If this song is in the context of a rock opera layout, however, I don't know how it fits into the other parts of the opera and thus I could totally be wrong.
I give it a 7/10. Good job, man!

I wanted an acoustic solo section in there just to spice things up a bit - I think it fitted in well but can see your point about perhaps needing to up the drama at that point