Hey guys
Currently I have a Bugera v55 head going into a fender frontman 212 solid state combo via a power in jack. But that got me thinking, could I crank up the v55 and put it into a regular input of the frontman. I know it won't sound all that great as it is just an experiment.

But, could this damage either of the amps in anyway?
If you did FX/Pre Amp out into the input of the Frontman you'd just be running 2 preamps, which isn't bad for the amps per se but it doesn't usually sound good.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Wait- are you going from the speaker out on the bugera to the guitar input of the frontman? If I'm understanding you correctly then yes, you could damage one or both of your amps. Maybe even hurt yourself? I don't know. But an amp needs to be hooked up to speakers or a load box. The energy needs to be transfered and converted. I think you would like fry your amps' internal components doing what you're doing.

But now that I'm thinking about it.. What are the physics behind running your tube amp's speaker output into the FX RETURN/power section of a second amp, and then from the second amp's speaker out to a cabinet. I feel like that wouldn't be good for your tube amp or solid state either, but I dont really understand it.

Anyways- Good luck!
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Guitar to Bugera, out of Bugeras external cab jacks into the input of the frontman
So no speaker actually plugged into the Burger? BOOOOOM!!!!

It's stoopid anyway and would sound like arse even if it didn't blow up the Bugera's output tranny.
Neil Young runs an old Magnavox through a big rheostat and then into the front of an old Tweed Deluxe (The rheostat stops it from going boom) but that's two classic old tube amps, not a friggin Frontman.
Nothing good can happen from what you are proposing. Don't do it, it will end in tears.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
So no speaker actually plugged into the Burger? BOOOOOM!!!!

It's stoopid anyway and would sound like arse even if it didn't blow up the Bugera's output tranny.
Neil Young runs an old Magnavox through a big rheostat and then into the front of an old Tweed Deluxe (The rheostat stops it from going boom) but that's two classic old tube amps, not a friggin Frontman.
Nothing good can happen from what you are proposing. Don't do it, it will end in tears.

+1

Bye bye Bugera with that one. Although according to some people a broken Bugera will only better the world. Not me, I think they're great budget amps.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Apr 7, 2014,
Quote by TheStig1214
...a broken Bugera will only better the world.

there is a different kind of bugera?

but seriously, not a good idea to run the speaker out of a tube amp into the input of another amp, it also isn't a good idea to run an aux out/FX out of a tube amp into another amp without the tube amp being loaded by a speaker cab.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Plus it's a friggin Frontman FFS. What good can a Frontman bring to anything even if it didn't make shit explode?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

And smoke... Lots of smoke.
Quote by KG6_Steven
And smoke... Lots of smoke.

grab a camera!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.