I was digging through my Storage room and found an old '89 Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet amp head. Thinking about adding it to my rig as a secondary head, was wondering what everyone thought about this amp.
It's one of the few solid state amps that actually sounds ok. It never took off because at the same time they released the JCM800 so their claims of "as good as tubes" was laughed at by anybody with ears.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think it sounds great, I remember why I packed it away. Has a very nice clean tone to it and can pump out a good volume for a smaller head.
Why would you care what anyone else thought of it? You already own it, if it sounds good and you find a use for it then cool.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
They're not too bad. It just goes to show that MG's aren't such piles of crap because Marshall can't make a SS amp. They're rubbish because they are cheap rubbish, end of story.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by bluestratplayer
Why would you care what anyone else thought of it? You already own it, if it sounds good and you find a use for it then cool.

Because I have several amp heads that can go in my third amp head slot on my rig, and I wanted to see if it's worth the cleaning and repair (if needed).
Ok so as I said, if it sounds good and you find a use for it then there's your answer. You also have to weigh whether you like it enough to take up that spot when you could have a different head there.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent