I do not know which of these two guitar to choose. I like the look of Warbeast, but Warlock has mahogany neck and two volume knobs. Please HELP !!!
http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Warlock/Warlock-NJ-Deluxe/106
http://www.bcrich.com/models/guitars/Hall%20of%20Fame/Warbeast-NJ-Deluxe/124
Which would be best in combination with Peavey 6505 Plus 112 and MOGAMI Platinum Guitar Cable R.
Last edited by ognjenmijatov at Apr 8, 2014,
If you need two volume knobs take the Warlock, if not just choose the one that looks better to you. I wouldn't worry much about the neck wood. Sound will probably be almost the same (if not exactly the same).
Quote by JackovSlayer
If you need two volume knobs take the Warlock, if not just choose the one that looks better to you. I wouldn't worry much about the neck wood. Sound will probably be almost the same (if not exactly the same).

I do not believe that i need two volume knobs. Mahogany is better quality than maple, but maple is stronger. If I choose Warbeast my tone will be clearer, but strong enough. If I choose mahogany sound will be rich and full and much warmer. Actually I prefer the look of Warbeast because of Widow headstock and bigger horns.
Dude, after distortion tonewood matters jack and shit, neckwood even less. I am not saying there isnt a difference but you are making an issue out of a subject that is minute at best. Gibson has favoured mahogany necks where rest of the builders have been mostly maple, even on very expensive models. Amp, pickups and how well the guitar is made are what matters the most.

Simply put, unless there is a difference in the shape of the neck just pick a guitar that pleases your eye the most.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Neither, get the NJ Mockingbird
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Man those guitars are... not my cuppa tea!

If a guy had a gun to my head in Guitar Center and forced me to buy one, I'd probably grab a Telecaster off the wall and beat myself to death.

In all honesty, what MaaZeus said is bang on. When you're playing high gain heavy distortion stuff, no one is going to be saying 'Dude that would sound so much better with a maple neck and a mahogany body'. or vice versa.

I actually kinda dig the body shape of the Warbeast, but that headstock is hella ugly. But still, I like the longer horns, it looks cooler. I'm going to vote for the Warbeast.

The lack of a second volume shouldn't affect your decision, you can always change out the tone knob for another volume. (Who wants LESS tone?!)
Quote by TheAce93

The lack of a second volume shouldn't affect your decision, you can always change out the tone knob for another volume. (Who wants LESS tone?!)

That is true. Guitars of this shape are usually meant for one thing, extreme metal. And in that music tone knob is... well... useless. If you ask Karl Sanders he thinks even volume knob is useless and has pickups wired to the jack.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Dude, after distortion tonewood matters jack and shit, neckwood even less. I am not saying there isnt a difference but you are making an issue out of a subject that is minute at best. Gibson has favoured mahogany necks where rest of the builders have been mostly maple, even on very expensive models. Amp, pickups and how well the guitar is made are what matters the most.

Simply put, unless there is a difference in the shape of the neck just pick a guitar that pleases your eye the most.

+1