Poll: Which do you like better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you like better?
Inferior dirty animal milk
67 74%
gods tittie milk
23 26%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 3
which do you guys like better? I personally cannot stand cow's milk straight up, but I love love love almond milk, I drink it erryday. like, its what comes out of gods nipples you guys.
banned
Quote by KingChris90
Chocolate milk is best milk

actually, horchata is best milk, but please stay on topic.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Apr 8, 2014,
They have cows milk and goats milk

I always wondered why you can't drink cat and dogs milk.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Almond milk is just flavoured water. It has nearly no nutritional content. You could eat a handful of almonds and drink a glass of water for better effect.

Soya is a better alternative. Ignore all the anti-gm babies and all the nonsense about hormones.

Out of the polled two, since I dislike both of them for general drinking, I choose cow's milk. It's better for baking and cooking due to the fat content.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Almond milk is just flavoured water. It has nearly no nutritional content. You could eat a handful of almonds and drink a glass of water for better effect.

This is what I thought. Seeing as a little can of almonds costs like $7, I was trying to imagine how many almonds it would take to milk to get a carton, and it just doesn't make sense. If it was all real, it couldn't possibly be affordable.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by theguitarist

Soya is a better alternative. Ignore all the anti-gm babies and all the nonsense about hormones.

Out of the polled two, since I dislike both of them for general drinking, I choose cow's milk. It's better for baking and cooking due to the fat content.

I'm beginning to think that you think over your posts and write them in the most spiteful way possible. Well let me tell you something buddy, one day you will contradict yourself, and I will be there, watching, waiting, commiserating. I will catch you, like a pokemon. (I would be Gary Oak in that situation obvs) One day, I will catch them all. Also, almond milk has 2 times the calcium of that crappy cows milk stuff so there goes your whole argument, shut down, talk to the hand man
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
I'm beginning to think that you think over your posts and write them in the most spiteful way possible. Well let me tell you something buddy, one day you will contradict yourself, and I will be there, watching, waiting, commiserating. I will catch you, like a pokemon. (I would be Gary Oak in that situation obvs) One day, I will catch them all. Also, almond milk has 2 times the calcium of that crappy cows milk stuff so there goes your whole argument, shut down, talk to the hand man

That's just false, A 250ml glass of cow's milk is around third of your daily calcium intake (around 1000 milligrams). The same glass of almond milk is 2 milligrams.
Whole milk is the only milk.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Malchius
That's just false, A 250ml glass of cow's milk is around third of your daily calcium intake (around 1000 milligrams). The same glass of almond milk is 2 milligrams.

do you need photographic proof?

you see? right there it says "50 percent more calcium than regular milk"

right above the part that states how rich in antioxidants it is. i dont know what that means, but it sounds healthy!
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
do you need photographic proof?

you see? right there it says "50 percent more calcium than regular milk"

That particular brand has to add calcium into it make it like that. I thought you meant natural almond milk.
Quote by deadsmileyface

I contradict myself all the time and there is no spite in my posts, honest.

and what? cows has at least the same if not more amount of calcium, and often almond milk has extra added calcium and vit d for absorption the deficit. you got some proof behind that claim or are you drinking some super enriched stuff?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Malchius
That particular brand has to add calcium into it make it like that. I thought you meant natural almond milk.

i dont care about natural almond milk, i just like silk almond milk
banned
Well it's just normal almond milk with a calcium pill crushed in it.

also why can't US nutrition values just simply state the absolute amount per a standard size like 100gms or 100mls like anywhere else. wtf is a person supposed to do with some % of a daily value or serving size that probably won't apply to you. I shouldn't have to bust out a calculator to work out my macros here.

anyway, raw almonds are better.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
There are both percentages and mg per serving.

I think you are completely missing the point of almond milk. I can't drink a handful of almonds or use them as a milk substitute. I don't really care about what nutritional value almond milk has.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Apr 8, 2014,
Quote by MakinLattes

I think you are completely missing the point of almond milk. I can't drink a handful of almonds or use them as a milk substitute. I don't really care about what nutritional value almond milk has.

same. I just like it because it tastes so good
banned
I don't think I've drank a glass of milk in about two years. Other than putting it in cereal I don't have much milk. I eat yogurt and cheese to get my dairy
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by MakinLattes

% of a recommended daily value that might not apply to your needs.

mg per a serving that you might not use.

I'm only mentioning the nutritional value since it is currently the 'in' health food that everyone is drinking for health rather than simple milk alternative. I mean I drink soya knowing full well it's mostly just flavoured water compared to the other protein/fat/calcium I have in my diet.

this is me contradicting myself. mmk.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

I'm only mentioning the nutritional value since it is currently the 'in' health food that everyone is drinking for health rather than simple milk alternative. I mean I drink soya knowing full well it's mostly just flavoured water compared to the other protein/fat/calcium I have in my diet.

this is me contradicting myself. mmk.

I don't care if its giving me brain cancer, i love it
banned
Lets see almond milk get raped in the votes
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I put that shit on everything

I masturbate with almond milk

I fill the cavities of poor unsuspecting pedestrians on the street with almond milk

I just throw that shit in my mouth

I make almond milkshakes

Yeah^ you read that right, I didn't need to be redundant by saying "almond milk milkshakes" or "milkshakes that contain almond milk" or even "I substitute milk with almond milk in milkshakes" I just make almond milkshakes that are inherently almondy in nature because of my exclusive use of Almond Breeze brand almond milk. Yeah that's right, I just plugged a brand

Srsly though, sweetened and enriched almond milk is the way to go. Water with almond elements just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather drink a generic GMO treated 2% than some of this poorly flavored water crap.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theguitarist

Soya is alright but doesn't taste as good as almond milk (imo)
I use both, cos almond milk has sick vitamins and antioxidants and shit in it but soya milk has some stuff it doesn't have

also, everything in asda is GM free so you can just get their soya milk
sainsbo's one is as well afaik, and all alpro products are GM free

cows' milk tastes gross and makes me feel gross so I never drink it (not quite vegan tho)

honourable mentions to hazelnut milk and hemp milk
Quote by theguitarist

If you have the amount of whatever for the entire thing you still have to divide to get how much you're actually consuming, so I'm not sure if your problem is with basic math or with having to multiply instead of divide.
almond milk

almond is nut

nut milk

semen

jus sayin
Listen. I'm sorry.
Chocolate milk. I just don't like the taste of nut juice in my mouth, dunno 'bout you guys.
hue
but theres an automatic vendor machine that used to have chocolate almond milk
Listen. I'm sorry.
I'd rather drink piss out of a man's dick than almond milk
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I like all for different reasons.

Almond milk tastes good but it's expensive and it isn't refreshing.

Soy milk tastes good and is cheap and refreshing but it doesn't go with everything and I can't drink it on an empty stomach.

Cows milk tastes good and it's cheap and it goes with everything and it's refreshing and all the flavors/dilutions taste nice. The only drawback is that too much milk = zits
cat
Started drinking almond milk about five years ago and should have done so from the beginning. I'm not lactose intolerant(I think) but my stomach is very sensitive to dairy. Almond milk can still make my stomach a little sour but not often. Much better than having acid reflux 24/7. I can't go back to cows milk. Plus almond milk doesn't smell spoiled after being opened for a day like regular milk.

Sometimes when I go out to get coffee I'll get soy but I try not to as often as soy isn't good for males.
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 8, 2014,
Quote by captainsnazz
Soya is alright but doesn't taste as good as almond milk (imo)
I use both, cos almond milk has sick vitamins and antioxidants and shit in it but soya milk has some stuff it doesn't have

also, everything in asda is GM free so you can just get their soya milk
sainsbo's one is as well afaik, and all alpro products are GM free

cows' milk tastes gross and makes me feel gross so I never drink it (not quite vegan tho)

honourable mentions to hazelnut milk and hemp milk

I think this anti gm is dumb though and refuse to drink organic soya on the same basis.

I'm not intolerant to dairy or anything, just brought up vegan so never got used to the taste of cow's milk. I drink unsweetened soya as well.

Quote by MakinLattes
If you have the amount of whatever for the entire thing you still have to divide to get how much you're actually consuming, so I'm not sure if your problem is with basic math or with having to multiply instead of divide.

In the uk/eu we have a consistent 'per 100ml' on any liquid along side a 'per serving' displayed clearly, makes it much easier to compare relative fat/protein/carb/vitamins, especially if you are being particular about how much of those in quantity you are taking in per day.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
All these people in the thread that drink and enjoy soy milk....

What the hell happened to you as children for you to end up with such an impediment?

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Never had almond milk. Does it taste like almonds? I don't like almonds.

Give me some delicious 2% cow milk.

Why aren't we drinking our own milk? Think about it, it's milk made for us.
Quote by Bdqdog
Why aren't we drinking our own milk? Think about it, it's milk made for us.

Because we are only supposed to drink that until we weaned onto solid food.
i like soymilk, but apparently it's bad for guys =(

now i have kefir with my cereal, which is really the only time i have milk-type drinks anyway
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i like soymilk, but apparently it's bad for guys =(

nonsense pushed by the dairy industry /conspiracy

source: drunk soya milk all my life and am a big manly man.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I think this anti gm is dumb though and refuse to drink organic soya on the same basis.

I'm not intolerant to dairy or anything, just brought up vegan so never got used to the taste of cow's milk. I drink unsweetened soya as well.

Yeah I'm actually not anti-GM at all. I think it's a gr9 idea and maybe the solution to world hunger if monsanto etc can fuck off.

I take it you're not vegan any more? Why did you switch?
I was raised vegetarian and I'm not planning to become fully vegan but I avoid animal products more and more.
Page 1 of 3