Hi! I was looking for a hybrid capo/ guitar tuner. I know about the one from planet waves, but i was looking for something with a little note display (for tuning to drop d live etc) Is there any out there?
Trust me, you don't want to use a clip on tuner playing gigs. They're a PITA. You start tuning, the bass player hits a string; boom - you're trying to tune him.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Trust me, you don't want to use a clip on tuner playing gigs. They're a PITA. You start tuning, the bass player hits a string; boom - you're trying to tune him.

The snark clip-ons fixed that. You can tune without even having your volume up. I believe it uses the vibrations from your headstock. I got one once i got tired of my drummer doing random hits in the middle of tuning just to screw it up
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
My bass player uses an 800W MarkBass - it makes everything in the place vibrate, including my headstock. The vibration from my strings is negligible by comparison. Hell, it sometimes interferes with my pedal tuner even. Nowhere near as bad of course but it does,
Seriously, man, get a pedal tuner. Clip ons are good for ****ing around at home or sitting around a campfire but they aren't for loud bands.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 8, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
My bass player uses an 800W MarkBass - it makes everything in the place vibrate, including my headstock. The vibration from my strings is negligible by comparison. Hell, it sometimes interferes with my pedal tuner even. Nowhere near as bad of course but it does,
Seriously, man, get a pedal tuner. Clip ons are good for ****ing around at home or sitting around a campfire but they aren't for loud bands.

Didnt think of that, good point. But if he's using a capo it means its probably an acoustic show and there wont be massive gear screwing him up so it could work for what he wants which is to kill two birds with one stone.
-Main Gear-
Peavey JSX & XXL
Maybe, but I used a capo with my last band on two songs. If it's an acoustic deal, I take it all back. Tbh, I saw drop D and assumed metal or maybe grunge.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 8, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
Maybe, but I used a capo with my last band on two songs. If it's an acoustic deal, I take it all back. Tbh, I saw drop D and assumed metal or maybe grunge.

Likewise, I saw capo and assumed acoustic. Could be either i suppose. Any of the three would fit the TSs needs.
-Main Gear-
Peavey JSX & XXL
i hate the snarks. i own three ($6 a pop flash sale at MF).all are alive and work fine, but if you are gigging, you NEED a pedal tuner. i like the korg pitchblack or a higher end strobe tuner. the pitchblacl has a strobe option, but its not quite a full strobe tuner.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've got a Korg clip on, a Korg Pitchblack and a full rack Korg DT-1 Pro. I use the Pitchblack at gigs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification