Page 1 of 2
pretty much the title spells it all.

what say you, those that have played/tested both?

not sure which to grab for screwing around garage rocking.

i already have a 50 watt head so not concerned about overall wattage. if the 22h sounds similar i'd have a go at that since it's $200 less.
Haven't tried the 22h but I would go for the 50 for the 6l6s. Not really a fan of el84s for anything other than cranked cleans with some grit and southern rock.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I've only tried the 50

I've heard that the 22 actually sounds slightly fatter because the loop's in a different (better) place. But

I went with the 50 when i got mine as (I think) I'd prefer 6L6es for heavier distortion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i found a used 50h near(ish) me. may have a go at it.

face plate already gone so i'll use that as a bargaining chip. could probably score for around $300-325.
Ive been debating this for a long time and im going with a 100h since its £180 2nd hand.
But out the two id get the 50. Im a sucker for 6L6's
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Doesn't the 50 have more gain or am I wrong?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

I think it is more or less the same, and for all practical purposes (particularly Greg's, I don't think he plays a lot of brootz ) it shouldn't really matter.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Fisheth24

Between JCA20h and 50h, yes the 50h has a lead channel with br00tz gain on tap but 22h also has the same Soldano lead channel, the power section is different with different tubes. How much difference does that make to overall sound I have no idea.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 9, 2014,
Pretty big difference between el84s and 6l6s IMO. Like I said, I'd go for the 50.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by MaaZeus
Between JCA20h and 50h, yes the 50h has a lead channel with br00tz gain on tap but 22h also has the same Soldano lead channel, the power section is different with different tubes. How much difference does that make to overall sound I have no idea.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i think i'm going to go for the used 50 watter.

dude said $350 and it's worth that for sure.
Nice, awaiting NAD now. And try to avoid the WTLT curse
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
this could be an interesting experiment to see if the WTLT curse works outside that thread

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Interesting, we shall see. We need a larger data pool, but this would be a good start.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
is that an excuse to buy more stuff?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
yeah i think i'm going to go for the used 50 watter.

dude said $350 and it's worth that for sure.

Why didn't you get the MF Stupid Deal for the 50W 112 combo for $400 yesterday? Or the 300 one a month ago?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is that an excuse to buy more stuff?

Indeed, I'll throw myself under the bus for the good of the experiment. I found a Gibson faded SG for $275 I should be picking up this weekend. We'll see what happens .
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent

my problem is if i buy anything i'll chicken out of telling you guys beforehand because of the curse
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Curse?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
yeah if you mention any gear which is on the way (or even sometimes when you're thinking of buying something) something will go wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ohhhhh.... that explains some things..

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah if you mention any gear which is on the way (or even sometimes when you're thinking of buying something) something will go wrong.

Ah ****ing hell.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Well, hope you were joking gregs because I was really looking forward to the SG I just bet my disbelief in superstition on
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
^yeah just kidding, probably grab it later this week.

Quote by Ippon
Why didn't you get the MF Stupid Deal for the 50W 112 combo for $400 yesterday? Or the 300 one a month ago?

because I don't want the combo. or do I?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thomann has some ambler
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Ippon

Hope not, I was disappointed in the prs amps I tried
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Well true, guess it helps when something is overrated in that case
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by ambler3
Carrot, where d'you see this? Never found any jet cities for sale (used) in the UK on eBay, Gumtree etc

for the price they go for on thomann and on the UK jet city store i'm not sure there's much point in going used. if people bought them at the old, much higher prices they'll likely want more used than you can get them for new, lol. could be wrong- maybe the new prices have been around long enough now that they're starting to filter into the used prices. but a while back that wasn't the case.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
for the price they go for on thomann and on the UK jet city store i'm not sure there's much point in going used. if people bought them at the old, much higher prices they'll likely want more used than you can get them for new, lol. could be wrong- maybe the new prices have been around long enough now that they're starting to filter into the used prices. but a while back that wasn't the case.

For all the Thomann referrals in this forum, you'd think they'd at least ship a JCA100 to those who made the most referrals.
Quote by ambler3
Carrot, where d'you see this? Never found any jet cities for sale (used) in the UK on eBay, Gumtree etc

Posted in a couple Facebook gear groups and someone PM'd me an offer.

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Ippon
For all the Thomann referrals in this forum, you'd think they'd at least ship a JCA100 to those who made the most referrals.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2