I am still looking to buy my first tube amp, currently practicing on Solid State.

Really want something small both in size and wattage for the bedroom with plenty of headroom with nice clean, FX loop for pedals, 2 channels and crunches nicely. There really are not that many that does it all....until I came across the Atma.

http://www.bogneramplification.com/atma

I know these are over there in limited numbers in the states, has anyone here tried one and what do you think of it?
Last edited by raymond lin at Apr 9, 2014,
Its probably obnoxiously overpriced. All you need is a VHT special 6 ultra or something along those lines. I love mine. Plenty loud, lots of headroom, and can get up to high gain territory when boosted with a ts9.
I heard it at NAMM when it first came out. It sounded like a real amp, not a toy lunch box. I had nothing bad to say about it at all. Sounded nice and full. It was being played through a 2x12.

It was turned up though so I don't know it sounds at low volume, which NAMM is not good for. So much background noise...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Used Mesa Mark IV combo for around a grand should do what you want and cost less than one of those
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
Used Mesa Mark IV combo for around a grand should do what you want and cost less than one of those

+1 i paid mid $800's for my MKIV head. its not hard to get the combo under $900 i see them on CL. i haven't ever played the combo. i boost it with two different pedals, a timmy dimed to volume no gain and the lead a zendrive which makes amazing sweet leads.

also if you are looking for high gain chugging, get a 5150 or a rec. there is plenty of gain on the amp, i just solved it for my channels. the switchable EQ is really nice.

give one a try, but it may be a pain in the ass to get your favorite tones, but it will deliver.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by R45VT
I heard it at NAMM when it first came out. It sounded like a real amp, not a toy lunch box. I had nothing bad to say about it at all. Sounded nice and full. It was being played through a 2x12.

It was turned up though so I don't know it sounds at low volume, which NAMM is not good for. So much background noise...

I've played it loud and it loves Greenbacks. Best Clean among the various EL84s.

raymond lin, I'd hit it.
If I could get a mesa mark IV for $800 here in England I'll take 2, and still come up less than what they go for secondhand with change to spare. A new mkV is almost $4000 USD! It's not even funny. Bogner doesn't seem to have the same inflation, it's listed at £1399 new here, almost the same as the US.

Quote by mhanbury2
In that price range there's a couple amps that can do what your looking for. Did a quick search the atma is going for $1600 on sweetwater for half that you can get a snott watt witch dose everything you asked for.

http://www.baroncustomamps.com/snott.php

Now that looks interesting, but are they good?
Last edited by raymond lin at Apr 9, 2014,
There great little amps just don't expect to play with a band on the clean channel or be able to practice at midnight with any tube amp. I got mine 3 years ago and its still my main amp for playing at home.
Quote by raymond lin
If I could get a mesa mark IV for $800 here in England I'll take 2, and still come up less than what they go for secondhand with change to spare. A new mkV is almost $4000 USD! It's not even funny. Bogner doesn't seem to have the same inflation, it's listed at £1399 new here, almost the same as the US.

Now that looks interesting, but are they good?

They are awesome, but IIRC they are a bit on the brutal side of things.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Ippon
I've played it loud and it loves Greenbacks. Best Clean among the various EL84s.

raymond lin, I'd hit it.

Bit the bullet, placed a deposit on one, there is a huge waiting list here so won't get it for 6 weeks.

Now to decide whether to custom build a cab or get the matching one.
Quote by raymond lin
Bit the bullet, placed a deposit on one, there is a huge waiting list here so won't get it for 6 weeks.

Now to decide whether to custom build a cab or get the matching one.

So you've auditioned it! They're pretty pricey for 18W but I really liked it.
They are pricey for 18W but I really don't need 100W or 50W. I like the sound and its features that's the most important part for me.

Plus, it's something a little different, I don't know anyone who has one which is kinda nice!