I've got a ts9 and I use it all the time. Only thing I don't like is how dim the LED is and not a big fan of the button on it. Is a keeley mod worth doing?

What exactly goes into the mod? I play mostly metal so was thinking of the baked mod but what is their best mod and will that include a brighter LED as well as the new footswitch that I've seen on some modded ts9?
The main thing he does is replace a capacitor so it doesn't cut the bass so much. He does do a more/less mod but if he does it like he says, it wouldn't work very well. I haven't actually had a Keeley mod but I have done the ones he describes myself..
I did have a list of mods for the ts9/808 which included his and better versions of his but unfortunately it's on the hdd of a pc with a blown power supply so I can't get at it.
If all you want is a brighter LED, then just buy a brighter LED and solder it in. A blue one, say. They cost like 20c.
What's wrong with your switch?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm looking for a brighter LED but I figured I'd look into having it modded to see if I can get more out of it. What type of LED would I buy for this? A link for it would be awesome

Tone wise I just want something super tight and that will really push the amp hard. I leave it on 99% of the time.

And nothing is wrong with the switch, I just prefer style on an MXR pedal than the ts9/boss style switch.

Any thoughts on the protone overdrives?
Last edited by andrerist at Apr 10, 2014,
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=337

To add some of the bass back you have to swap a capacitor. That may not be what you want though. When people say "tighten up" they usually mean cutting the bass which is what your TS9 is already doing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 10, 2014,
why do you need a brighter led? It should be obvious enough what it is turned off or on? I mean no insult. I can see more on a modulation pedal.

Go do it! Have fun.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
why do you need a brighter led? It should be obvious enough what it is turned off or on? I mean no insult. I can see more on a modulation pedal.

Go do it! Have fun.

When the amp is dimed already, the difference is small but just enough. I like being able to see whats on my pedal board so I know what needs to be turned on or off incase i knock something accidentally