You should try being more vague.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Well if you watch the video you see when I try to turn the screw the saddle lifts up to the side that I'm screwing it.
teh screw has to turn freely. take it apart and clean and lube it (wd40 or 3 in 1 oil should work)

the distance from the nut to 12th fret and from 12th fret to bridge (where the string rests/touches) should be equal, at least to start. Use a measuring tape.

Adding a little graphite (pencil lead) under the string at the nut and bridge will help it move as you adjust intonation.
Pretty much what prof said, it appears the screw is not turning freely in the saddle causing it to rotate with the screw. most likely rust/corrosion just take it apart and lube the threads and see if it fixes it.
Quote by 457undead
anyone have any other ideas of what to do?

Try it, if it doesn't work then it might be something else. A screw is a very simply mechanical thing, theres not a lot that can go wrong with it.
Try holding the saddle while you turn the screw. If theres less resistance to lift the saddle then there is for it to turn then its going to lift.
Quote by jaymz9350
Pretty much what prof said, it appears the screw is not turning freely in the saddle causing it to rotate with the screw. most likely rust/corrosion just take it apart and lube the threads and see if it fixes it.

How would I do that?
First off take the string off. You can either just add some type of oil as is or preferably take the screw all the way out and oil it and turn the screw til it moves freely. All it appears is happening is the threads are catching as you try and turn it. You may just need to turn the screw in and out a few times to loosen it up
Okay, the bolt is stuck and I can't get if off to lube it.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by 457undead
Okay, the bolt is stuck and I can't get if off to lube it.

Where do you live, the USA?

If you do go to walmart and get a small spray-can of Rem-oil. You will find it in the sporting goods section next to the ammo/gun shelves.

Spray this directly onto the stuck part. Repeat several times over the course of a day or two.

If you have WD-40 or similar that will work also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I finally got the ******* screw out that has been pissing me off for the last two years. If I look closely at one of the threads on the screw it looks like some grime or something is in there. Now what? Do I replace the screw or put it back in or something? Thanks again by the way.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
replace it if you can find a replacement. Or clean the threads out with a wire brush.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Mikey 1000
Sounds like a real problem. I don't think your video is working anymore. Did you manage to fix it?

Michael Barracato
www.RealBassLessons.com

Mostly, now the A string is having the problem. It could be that I have really really really high action or that it's just a cheap bass with cheap screws.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz