I am a older amateur taught off Youtube now taking lessons..I am basically a strummer at this point trying to learn Picking bass notes etc right now from a teacher..But aside from my voice etc ,opinions on my guitar playing etc ?? Does it sound that bad just strumming ,no accents etc ?? recorded off galaxy 3 audio. Thanks for looking
PS i only make the videos for advice opinions,training etc..not because i think im good.gotta start somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42X_1OYK7r0

Quote by Kapkrusdader
I am a older amateur taught off Youtube now taking lessons...
Damn I hoped the thing to end differently...

Anyway, the worst part is your singing, you're not good at that.
As for the strumming you should vary the pattern a bit and try to be less rigid.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
yea my singing isnt suppose to be good.it was very difficult to concentrate on strumming an sing at the same time.My goal is to get advice just as you gave..Thanks much appreciated....btw i never wanna play in a band etc,i wanna grow old playing on my in my house,backyard etc.Just entertain myself.
Curious what less Rigid means ?? Someone said maybe it means less strick on strumming but i think loosen up my strumming hand some,dont play so "hard"...And can you vary the strumming pattern each measure,each verse? Sorry if i am not up to speed,trying to get there.
Last edited by Kapkrusdader at Apr 9, 2014,
^ Unless it's something your particularly want, it may be a good idea to concentrate less on the strumming, so yeah you can vary the pattern, it's not a big deal.

Your being rigid means to me that you're doing something that sounds "rigid", it sounds like you have to force something to keep the strumming pattern the same, and maybe trying to concentrate less on the pattern (mind remaining on time though) will help you loosening up.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Just curious if my rigid sound could be the fact i use a .73 nylon pick ??? I have tried a 1. thickness an way to hard on it. i use light elixir strings...just practicing i think i am fairly loose an try to play smooth an find a sweet spot...Maybe my guitar is so close to the mic on my phone is why it sounds that way..or maybe i just need more practice to get the "perfect" sound...I was told to keep tryin til i get use to the 1mm pick but when i mainly strum it gets hung up on strings too much..i guess i could try thinner pick than .73...opinions? advice??