Page 1 of 2
Hello!!

Sorry, there's quite a few details here, but they're important in explaining my specific situation.

So there's this girl in one of my classes... She's pretty, smart, and nice as well (a seemingly rare trifecta). She went to my elementary school, so she pretty much knows who I am and it's not like I've never spoken to her before (we are juniors now), but we don't actually talk to each other and I don't see her much. I've had a girlfriend before, but she was my best friend prior to the relationship, so there wasnt really much pressure approaching my soon to be girlfriend since we both had liked each other back then and already talked all the time... But here I have the issue of having to approach this girl when I have little opportunity to do so. In the one class we have together she sits on the opposite side of the room, so I don't really have any excuse to talk to her. I don't often see her anywhere else and have rarely seen her after school.

So the big question is (and I know this has been asked many times), how do I approach her in a way that isn't creepy or totally awkward? What kinds of things could I actually talk about etc., and how can I kinda let her know I'm interested without being weird?

It seems like it would be really obvious I'm hitting on her or something if I just randomly started going over there specifically to ask her questions about hw or some other excuse.

And by the way, as the name of the post entails, I'm an awkward person, and a bit shy... I know how to socialize lol, but I'm kind of a dork, just this awkward, slightly nerdy dude with a dry sense of humor that loves guitar. And I certainly don't wanna get all nervous or be at a loss of words or anything, that would just be lame and screw everything up...

I would really appreciate any helpful responses or advice thanks in advance!
Don't wait for an opportunity to present itself. Just go for it.

In the words of Cheap Trick:
REACH OUT AND TAKE IT
REACH OUT AND T-T-T-TAKE IT
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"I love you"

start off strong
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
tell her "nice bum where u from"

make sure to be smiling when you say it kinda like you dont take yourself too seriously and you like a good laugh. works better if you have cheek dimples and shave regularly without acne and dont smell bad. shell be taken aback @ first but your goofiness will offset any sort of creepiness and shell fall 4 u right there when she realizes youre not a threat.

trust me i did this one time and i got to see her bum

There other threads that might be more helpful. Do you know any of her friends? If you're on a speaking basis on anyone who's friends with her, invite them to something and ask them to invite her. If you have a class, try and talk about class and get her number. It could be to talk about an assignment or something shitty like that but it gets you talking. If you have any similar interests, comment on that. Or shit, Facebook her for something trivial.

College has changed me a little bit and my friends had their influence. I can talk to people a lot more easily but I remember in high school when it was pretty daunting. Just relax. Won't be the end of the world if she isn't in to you.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Approaching girls is a "just do it" kind of thing. The more you think and analyze, the more likely you'll screw up.
Go here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32549380#post32549380

Don't ask in the pit for pretty much all of the posts above.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Thanks to the legitimate replies... I should have foreseen there would be plenty of kids up past their bed time, ****ing around spamming this post. And thanks Kensai, I had a feeling there was a more appropriate place to post but I didn't know where. This is a guitar forum, how are there so many children here?
^Coming from the high school junior.

Anyway, don't embarrass yourself. She probably has a boyfriend anyway.
Quote by TheChaz

A distinction between adolescence and childhood was implied. Although many of my peers are pretty much children... And she is single. But thanks for the help.
Quote by evhledzep5150
Thanks to the legitimate replies... I should have foreseen there would be plenty of kids up past their bed time, ****ing around spamming this post. And thanks Kensai, I had a feeling there was a more appropriate place to post but I didn't know where. This is a guitar forum, how are there so many children here?

lmao

how many butts have you seen in person bud?

Quote by evhledzep5150
A distinction between adolescence and childhood was implied. Although many of my peers are pretty much children... And she is single. But thanks for the help.

do you consider yourself an enlightened gentleman?

Quote by MinterMan22
lmao

how many butts have you seen in person bud?

Lol, not answering that

do you consider yourself an enlightened gentleman?

Nah, just a nerdy kid in high school. And here I would like to distinguish between kid and child so as not to contradict a previous post... For example, you could even call a college student a "kid," but not a child. Ridiculous to even bring that up, but someone is bound to point out that I called myself a kid but not a child...
Wow you're almost out-minting mint. But unintentionally.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by evhledzep5150
Nah, just a nerdy kid in high school. And here I would like to distinguish between kid and child so as not to contradict a previous post... For example, you could even call a college student a "kid," but not a child. Ridiculous to even bring that up, but someone is bound to point out that I called myself a kid but not a child...

make sure you explain this to her

panties will be on the floor
Bro, it's okay. There was a time when I listened to dad rock and had seen 0 butts.

Then I changed my music and cut the hair.

Now I'm 6'8" weigh a lean 260 and can bench press a rhinoceros

Now all the girls wanna touch my triceps and I've seen more than 0 butts.
Unfortunately, the only difference between creepy and cool is how attractive she finds you. If she thinks your hot, then you're cool, and anything you do will be cool to her. If she thinks you're ugly, no matter how you try to express your feelings for this girl she's going to think you're creepy.

If she's on the fence about how she thinks you look, the best approach would be to make jokes/ get her to laugh, because that will push the girl's opinion over into cool. That's how so many average looking dudes can pull girls way out of their league.

But ultimately the easiest thing to do is to meet someone who has access to marijuana, and then buy some and smoke it. Then, one day you invite her to go smoke marijuana in your basement, and if she's as cool as you say she'll undoubtedly say yes, then the two of you smoke the marijuana, and before you know it she's rubbin your dick through your pants!
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Apr 9, 2014,
^being attractive helps but it's definitely not the only thing, even an attractive guy can outcreep an ugly guy
cat
Quote by guitarxo
^being attractive helps but it's definitely not the only thing, even an attractive guy can outcreep an ugly guy

Are you saying he should buy her a mcchicken?
Quote by evhledzep5150

You may make all the distinctions you wish but at the end of the day, we are all human... Including the one you covet.

It is your duty as a MAN to go out and, as the young people of today say, "wow" her otherwise you will not ever be rewarded with the prize at hand. To ensure she is one day your possession, you must place her on a pedestal much higher than the one you have placed yourself on. It is imperative to the survival of our species that men learn at an early age how to treat a woman. It is clear that in today's society, being nice does not get you ahead. Instead, women prefer to be with complete jerks who will in fact treat them wrong. However, us nice guys stubbornly hold on to the feeble hope that one day, all womankind will wake up and realize what we can do for them. It is not about how you look, it is about what you can offer them and until you can create the void all women desire through neglecting them emotionally you won't ever be rewarded with sex. It is simple. I am here to help you my friend. Ignore her. Make her feel bad about giving her body to other men. Make sure to tell her about your other romantic shortcomings as this guilt will trigger a maternal instinct in her to comfort others in pain. This will plant the seed that you will eventually exploit. Shower her with attention and gifts. She will tell you she thinks of you as a friend and nothing more but what she really means is "I'm scared". She is afraid of making the commitment because she is, as the kids say, a "slut". She will not want to settle down with a chivalrous gentleman as a result of her hedonistic tendencies. This is when you tell her that she is a "slut" and shatter the trust you have built with her. She will likely cry but this is what you want. It will be difficult but trust me when I say what happens next will be worth it. She will feel bad about hurting you and in an emotional haze will reward you with her body thus completing your journey into manhood. You have won. Breath it in my friend.

~mint

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 9, 2014,
Quote by evhledzep5150
Hello!!

Sorry, there's quite a few details here, but they're important in explaining my specific situation.

So there's this girl in one of my classes... She's pretty, smart, and nice as well (a seemingly rare trifecta). She went to my elementary school, so she pretty much knows who I am and it's not like I've never spoken to her before (we are juniors now), but we don't actually talk to each other and I don't see her much. I've had a girlfriend before, but she was my best friend prior to the relationship, so there wasnt really much pressure approaching my soon to be girlfriend since we both had liked each other back then and already talked all the time... But here I have the issue of having to approach this girl when I have little opportunity to do so. In the one class we have together she sits on the opposite side of the room, so I don't really have any excuse to talk to her. I don't often see her anywhere else and have rarely seen her after school.

So the big question is (and I know this has been asked many times), how do I approach her in a way that isn't creepy or totally awkward? What kinds of things could I actually talk about etc., and how can I kinda let her know I'm interested without being weird?

It seems like it would be really obvious I'm hitting on her or something if I just randomly started going over there specifically to ask her questions about hw or some other excuse.

And by the way, as the name of the post entails, I'm an awkward person, and a bit shy... I know how to socialize lol, but I'm kind of a dork, just this awkward, slightly nerdy dude with a dry sense of humor that loves guitar. And I certainly don't wanna get all nervous or be at a loss of words or anything, that would just be lame and screw everything up...

I would really appreciate any helpful responses or advice thanks in advance!

Ignore everyone else's post. Ever heard of Simple Pickup? They're a youtube channel that helps people like you and me. I watched all their vids and now I get more tail than Justin Bieber.
not really
But you get my point.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZlZryEKdXE

Here's a video just to start you off. They really helped me a lot. Their main messages are: to not give a damn, to approach a girl when you want to and not find the "perfect moment" (cause that's never going to happen) and that picking up girls is much easier than it looks. They have plenty of other vids (how to text a girl, what to talk about, etc) so I suggest learning something from them. They're you're best bet. They seriously helped me a lot.
Quote by snipelfritz

A mcchicken would help but even if I had received a mcchicken on the night in question he'd still be a 2/10 in terms of dateability and he was pretty attractive too.
cat
Quote by evhledzep5150

lol

EDIT: lol @ this whole thread
Honestly just think of how you would like to be approached by someone. I feel like a lot of people fall under this false belief that males and females are like separate species and that's where the nervousness comes from. Even adults too, that's why there's so many guides to "picking up" women as if there's some secret formula to it. There's not, they're people too, so just keep that in mind and that should hopefully help you be a bit less nervous.
This thread has made my lecture so much better. Thank you pit for always being there for me
Quote by MinterMan22
You may make all the distinctions you wish but at the end of the day, we are all human... Including the one you covet.

It is your duty as a MAN to go out and, as the young people of today say, "wow" her otherwise you will not ever be rewarded with the prize at hand. To ensure she is one day your possession, you must place her on a pedestal much higher than the one you have placed yourself on. It is imperative to the survival of our species that men learn at an early age how to treat a woman. It is clear that in today's society, being nice does not get you ahead. Instead, women prefer to be with complete jerks who will in fact treat them wrong. However, us nice guys stubbornly hold on to the feeble hope that one day, all womankind will wake up and realize what we can do for them. It is not about how you look, it is about what you can offer them and until you can create the void all women desire through neglecting them emotionally you won't ever be rewarded with sex. It is simple. I am here to help you my friend. Ignore her. Make her feel bad about giving her body to other men. Make sure to tell her about your other romantic shortcomings as this guilt will trigger a maternal instinct in her to comfort others in pain. This will plant the seed that you will eventually exploit. Shower her with attention and gifts. She will tell you she thinks of you as a friend and nothing more but what she really means is "I'm scared". She is afraid of making the commitment because she is, as the kids say, a "slut". She will not want to settle down with a chivalrous gentleman as a result of her hedonistic tendencies. This is when you tell her that she is a "slut" and shatter the trust you have built with her. She will likely cry but this is what you want. It will be difficult but trust me when I say what happens next will be worth it. She will feel bad about hurting you and in an emotional haze will reward you with her body thus completing your journey into manhood. You have won. Breath it in my friend.

~mint

Dude what the ****, you are claiming you are a nice guy but you're advocating treating women like trophies and emotionally destroying them. I don't know what your definition of nice is but I would not include those things among it.
Please re-evaluate how you look at women and you can form relationships where you treat someone as a human being with dreams, aspirations and emotions rather than a sexual conquest.
Quote by LedZoso4
Dude what the ****, you are claiming you are a nice guy but you're advocating treating women like trophies and emotionally destroying them. I don't know what your definition of nice is but I would not include those things among it.
Please re-evaluate how you look at women and you can form relationships where you treat someone as a human being with dreams, aspirations and emotions rather than a sexual conquest.

jerk spotted
Quote by LedZoso4

I shall not waste my time engaging in discourse with an unenlightened mind such as yours.

~mint

Quote by MinterMan22
I shall not waste my time engaging in discourse with an unenlightened mind such as yours.

~mint

I fail to see what's so enlightened about seeing around 50% of the population as purely existing for sex and inflicting mental harm on them.
Quote by vayne92
This thread has made my lecture so much better. Thank you pit for always being there for me

Quote by LedZoso4
I fail to see what's so enlightened about seeing around 50% of the population as purely existing for sex and inflicting mental harm on them.

He's the nice guy who knows how to act like a dick, but chooses not to. it's that simple.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
He's the nice guy who knows how to act like a dick, but chooses not to. it's that simple.

If you even contemplate causing someone emotional distress so you can get your dick wet, then you are an asshole and not nice by any stretch of the imagination. It's that simple.
Quote by snipelfritz

Also...
You sound like me a few years ago, just plunge in head first and charge through any barriers, if she refuses, try and shake it off. You'll do fine, I believe in you.
just say hi and don't give damn what anybody else thinks, dont pretend you like her stuff to please her or you'll look like some beta ******, white knight friendzoned douche without confidence or an opinion.

you can be nice to her but most men fall into the trap that they say yes to everything their crush asks. confidence is key, if you're ugly but are a witty confident guy then you're succesful eventually.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
lol @ this thread

Quote by TheChaz

As a high school kid myself, this is the best advice I can offer. I have been in a similar situation, and it's a good thing I didn't act on it (knowing now what I didn't know then). I accept this because I know I'm destined to become way attractive after high school, so after I have improved myself, nobody will be out of reach.

You're chances are very slim since you've known each other for so long. From the scenario you described, you have mostly lost contact, and she probably is more interested in other people you may not even know exist. High school classrooms are generally a bad place to attempt this anyway.

But who cares what I say; I've also seen zero butts. If you think there's a legitimate chance don't let me stop you.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Apr 9, 2014,
Quote by slipknot5678
lol @ this thread

As a high school kid myself, this is the best advice I can offer. I have been in a similar situation, and it's a good thing I didn't act on it (knowing now what I didn't know then). I accept this because I know I'm destined to become way attractive after high school, so after I have improved myself, nobody will be out of reach.

You're chances are very slim since you've known each other for so long. From the scenario you described, you have mostly lost contact, and she probably is more interested in other people you may not even know exist. High school classrooms are generally a bad place to attempt this anyway.

But who cares what I say; I've also seen zero butts. If you think there's a legitimate chance don't let me stop you.

Don't take advice from the 15 year old with Slipknot in his username
Quote by vayne92
Don't take advice from the 15 year old with Slipknot in his username

I'm 18 now.

Slipknot>Van Halen
Quote by LedZoso4
If you even contemplate causing someone emotional distress so you can get your dick wet, then you are an asshole and not nice by any stretch of the imagination. It's that simple.

You are taking this thread (and maybe this entire forum) way to serious.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Page 1 of 2